Monday, August 15, 2005

A Whole lot of Something About Absolutely Nothing!

Since I can't think of anything to talk about that may not incriminate me at some point in the not-so-distant future, I'm going to ramble on about a whole lot of nothing- just because I haven't posted in a few days, and I'm sure my dedicated fans/readers are just DYING for yet another edition of "Musings of a Bitter, Cynical, and Slightly Dramatic Doormat". No, no, I won't continue on with that stuff either. Can't afford the last shred of sanity.

All I can think of today is how stinkin' freakin' tired I am. I came into the office this morning at 7:30am (always a pleasurable experience), pushed papers around for 4 hours, all the while just wanting to pass out face first in my keyboard. I'm thinking that they need to set up a cot for me in the breakroom so that I can get the quality beauty sleep that I so desperately need and deserve. But alas, they actually want me to stay concious and... work! Can you believe it?! I've consumed almost an entire pot of coffee all on my own, and I think I could still sleep for about 5 more hours if there was just a place I could lay my head.

Now I'm sure all of my dedicated fans/readers are thinking: "Wow, party animal! Take it easy on the vodka there, sister!" Yeah. Not so much. The reality of my situation is this: I regularily attend and am partially responsible for a bible study at a friend's house ranging anywhere from 2-4 nights a week, just depending on how very ambitious we are feeling that particular week. Usually we don't finish until VERY late, and I wind up walking into work the next morning with bloodshot eyes which tends to give the appearance that I had partaken in a massive bender the night before. Again, not so much. But I think everyone around here knows me well enough to know that that's not ever the case. So, I believe that I might recieve a little more sympathy from my co-workers than your average sleep-deprived walking hangover. Which is nice, but then again, it never gets me out of having to push papers around with a keyboard stuck to my face all morning long. Boo.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home