Wednesday, December 21, 2005

My Heart / Part 1

I don't usually write poems in poetic form: They usually flow from me in the form of lyrics. However, I just got the itch to start writing, and what came forth... well... wasn't quite characteristic of my style, yet fully expresses my heart at this very moment. Stay tuned for more from the "My Heart Series", as I will try to make this a regular occurance: poetry, that is. ;)

Have a Blessed Day Everyone!

***************************************

What once was darkness
Now is light
A hope, a peace,
Clarity, sight.
What once was anger
Now is joy
All because
of one baby boy.

I remember it well
It still haunts me by night
The life I once lived
The agony, the fight.
Defeated and hopeless,
Withered and worn,
My burdens weighed heavy
My heart was just torn.

But out of the shadows
Came such a great light
His Word pierced my soul
Made me pure
Made me right.
I'll never forget
The feeling that came.
Not quite like a flood,
More like a gentle rain.
The soft stirring of my heart
The changes within
No doubt in my mind
It had to be Him.
He gave me new life
He cleansed my soul,
Refined me, renewed me,
Sent me down a new road.

Continue the work
That you started, Oh Lord.
Keep me hopeful and joyful
And lost in your Word.
Give me a hunger to learn
And a passion to teach
All your children on this Earth
Who have yet to be reached.
Let Your love flow through me
like a gentle breeze
Touching the lives of many,
Of all that I see.

Lord, strengthen my soul
Use me in mighty ways
Give me wisdom and guide me
All this I pray:
That I might find peace and joy
And a comfort in You,
I thank you Father God,
For my new life in You.

11 Comments:

Blogger Greg said...

Nice.

You should work for Hallmark.

Seriously.

;)

2:00 PM  
Blogger Katie said...

love it friend

2:03 PM  
Blogger steve said...

SWEET!

LOVE.IT.LONG.TIME

Seriously awesome stuff

3:10 PM  
Blogger Amstaff Mom said...

Really, really good stuff. Great job Steph! Powerful message too!

3:46 PM  
Blogger Bill said...

This is such a wonderful way to convey who the Lord is and what he does in the lives of his kids. Thank you for opening yourself up and allowing us to read your heart on paper.

4:43 PM  
Blogger Mark D said...

Fantastic poem, Steph!

6:57 PM  
Blogger Jenny said...

Oh girl! Thank you for sharing that, it was beautiful!

Merry Christmas!

**hugs**

9:32 PM  
Blogger Charlyn said...

Beautiful Steph. Merry Christmas to you!

Joy, joy, joy

10:18 PM  
Blogger Stephanie said...

Ben: Don't plant more career ideas in my head! lol Thank you though ;)

Katie: Thanks sweet friend :)

Steve: You are "unique", my friend...

Amstaff: It's good to have you back!

Bill: I was very theraputic to pour my heart out like this. I really haven't done this since I've come to know the Lord. I always seemed to associate creative writing with lost loves and heartbreak: How wrong was I?

Everyone: Thanks for all your love and support! I really enjoyed writing this, so I'm glad you all appreciated it. It truly warms my heart. Merry Christmas Everyone!

10:33 PM  
Blogger Bill said...

Creative writing is so theraputic....that is why I write so much these days. I am able to see my feelings on paper and I am able to deal with them. Again thank you.

4:25 PM  
Blogger Aim Claim said...

that is beautiful... real, raw, and right! Loved it.

4:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home