Saturday, November 26, 2005

Thanksgiving Night...

So I went slightly picture-happy on Thanksgiving night with my step-dad's digital camera, and took a bunch of photos of our small little soiree:
Me and Mom: Isn't she the cutest?!

Oz, aka: kitty-pants, aka: orange, aka: the cutest cat in the world: my cat. Who my parents stole from me 4 years ago.

Me and my grandpa.



Our sideways dinner table. Tilt your head to the right to get the full effect... because apparently I'm not very computer saavy quite yet.


A slightly different view...


My sweetie-pie puppy: Bruiser. I bought him for my parents right before I left for college 7 years ago. Eeeew. 7 years ago. That's scary... lol

I tried to take a picture of my cat and I together... but umm... well, I didn't suceed as you can tell... so you just get to look at my mug again.


My grandma and I: she's the cutest too! We had to take about 5 pictures together before one turned out that she liked. She claims that the camera doesn't like her. I disagree.

All in all, we had a grand total of 5 of us sharing a Thanksgiving meal this year which has actually happened in years past. We have a small little family, but we like it that way. Sometimes the others (cousins) show up, but that's dependent upon whether or not other family members of thiers are hosting a meal as well. So, it's really hit or miss on big holidays for us, but as you can tell, no matter what happens, we manage to have a great time with or without a house-full.

Since we did have a small bunch this year, mom decided to go gourmet on us, and try a few more time consuming dishes like a garlic-onion turkey, italian mashed potatoes, homemade cranberries, and pesto-rolls. mmmm-MMM! We were all very spoiled this year, but no matter what still concured that the traditional basted turkey still reigns supreme.

So how did everyone else's Thanksgiving go?

Oh and by the way..."Christmas tree cutting-down debacle of 2005" story to come soon...

17 Comments:

Blogger Charlyn said...

Stephanie - we ate waay too much. I didn't succeed on stopping at one helping either.

Look forward to the tree story. We are going to cut our own real tree for the first time ever this year! Can you believe it? Live in WI and never cut my own tree. Should be fun.

Wow, I'm the first comment. I should get a prize!

Cute pics of the family! (kitty-pants too)

7:07 PM  
Blogger Katie said...

cute pics, cute famliy, great thanksgiving

8:42 AM  
Blogger Amstaff Mom said...

yea! pics! Looks like you had a wonderful Thanksgiving. But brrr, it sure sounded COLD!

Loved seeing the pics!

10:21 AM  
Blogger Stephanie said...

Shenna: a. I HAD to stop at one helping, because prior to dinner I had helped myself to a ton of baked cranberry brie..
b. You might want to wait to venture out and get your tree until you hear my story.. lol
c. Kitty-pants is the best!

Logan: Sounds like you had a great holiday. Congrats on the engagement!

Katie: Yeah. We're cute :)

Amstaff: Glad you enjoyed the pics! Yeah, BRRR! is right! Did you happen to notice the snow out the window in the dinner table pics? Ick! It was coming down REALLY hard on Friday...

10:24 AM  
Blogger Amber said...

You're a total cutie pie! Glad you had a great Thanksgiving!

1:00 PM  
Blogger Jenny said...

You're so gorgeous!!! Your mom looks young enough to be your sister. How old are you? 22?

Looks like a beautiful family and a nice time together.

Also, I call one of my cats Hanky-Pants. I always use the word Pants. lol

6:44 PM  
Blogger Stephanie said...

Amber: Aw shucks! lol Thanks :)

Jay: Thanks - you're very sweet :) Mom would love you too: I'm 25. She's 44. We've gotten the whole "sister" thing for as long as I can remember. And seriously: I add "pants" to everything: Kitty-pants, cranky-pants... you name it. I even nicknamed a friend of mine "Scott-pants". Totally doesn't flow, but I say it anyway. lol I have problems, I know.

C.: I realized that all I'm doing is smiling in these pictures. (Unlike Katie who went through a period of time in which all the pictures she took, her mouth was hanging wide open ;p ) lol Really though... I do have serious moments people! I promise! lol

10:19 AM  
Blogger Katie said...

Stephanie did you just call me out for having the wide open mouth laugh face in all my pictures? You did didn't you. Oh girl, it is on.

10:27 AM  
Blogger Stephanie said...

Uhhh... what? I did? Hmmm. Well... BRING IT, SISTER! I can take the heat.. ba-ring it. :oP

10:45 AM  
Blogger Katie said...

Oh girl you have no idea what you are asking for . . . . . .

10:54 AM  
Blogger Stephanie said...

What, are you going to send me a string of "long undie thingies" Fed Ex to string all over my tree? hehehe now that would actually be funny.

11:15 AM  
Blogger Katie said...

Oh girl you don't know what you're asking with me and underwear. I posted about it before, hmmm I'll have to look back, but I am DANGEROUS with a pair of underwear and a prank on the brain.

12:00 PM  
Blogger Stephanie said...

I've read it! Giant Women's Underpants! And I'm still NOT SCARED! lol!

12:02 PM  
Blogger Katie said...

ok what I love is that we're having a conversation through comments on an old post and I keep coming back here to see if you responded.

12:07 PM  
Blogger Katie said...

oh and you should be scared, I may have been cute as a child but that cuteness hid the devil-child inside of me

12:07 PM  
Blogger Stephanie said...

That's usually how they come: all cute and cuddly on the outside to cleverly mask the devil-child-on-wheels within. lol

12:13 PM  
Blogger Jenny said...

I call my neighbor Dale-Pants and our good friend Wadey-Pants. My mom is Mommy-Pants.

I also add girl... my sister is Dotty-girl and my kitty is Pookie-girl.

hehe

5:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home