Monday, December 05, 2005

Just Around The Bend...

How exciting when we can feel God's glorious plan for our lives getting ready to unfold! Do you know that feeling? That feeling of restlessness. That feeling that you know your prayers are really being heard. That feeling that something incredible is about to happen: a prayer is about to be answered. A door is about to be opened. Your life is about to change.

As exciting as this experience can be, sometimes it can be a rather terrifying endeavor as well. Often times God sets up a course of events in our lives to unravel in such a way that we get slighty "freaked out" because we have absolutely no control over what is happening to us. The spiritual side of us knows that this is God, because we can see that change is coming: that God's plan is again pushing us forward into an uncomfortable spot. That being a veritable "limbo", in which we wait for the "glorious" part to happen. In the meantime, we wait with bated breath, wondering what's just around the bend. Honestly, this is a very tough spot to be in, because all we want to do is take control of the situation, make the decision ourselves, and "hope" for the best. But our best is actually to wait on GOD! The greater part of me knows (whether or not I show it at the time) that God is using this time of "limbo" to draw me near to Him. It's unfortunate that we have to be taught the same lesson over and over again, but for many of us, this is one lesson we will continue learning until the day our time on this earth has passed.

This time around for me, I really don't feel: helpless. Like I just told a friend of mine, it's "wierdly exciting". There's something around the bend that is going to answer a lot of the questions that I've had for years and years. I feel quite strongly in my spirit, actually, that the uncertainty that has plagued me for so long, that this veil that I've lived my life behind is going to suddenly be lifted, and clarity will be coming at me like a Mack truck: and I am so excited. I'm excited for the questions to be over. I'm excited to know what I'll be doing with my life with a certainty that I've never had before. I'm even more excited that I'll know for sure that this is God's plan for me: that's the best part of all. Don't get me wrong: I've felt helpless over this very issue countless times before. I've been frustrated. I've been hopeless.

However, through a series of events that have just recently taken place, I'm discovering hope.

"The LORD will fulfill his purpose for me;
your love, O LORD, endures forever-
do not abandon the works of your hands."
- Psalm 138:8

I just came across this verse last night, and what joy it gave me! It was as if I was recieving an affirmation that there is a silver lining in my dark cloud which is going to eventually burst forth, forcing that cloud to part in either direction: my wait might finally be over!

And who can forget the incredible promise that God gave us in
Jeremiah 29:11?
"'For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD,
'plans to prosper you and not to harm you,
plans to give you hope and a future'."

I love that we can put all of our hope in God in everything we do! Praise God that we have the ability to wash our hands of the worries, the uncertainties of life that plague us daily! And while of course it's easier to get excited about these facts while one is on the verge of a major breakthrough with God, just remember: that's why we're here! To encourage each other, and to lift one another up. We are all always going to be in different seasons in our lives, and it's the job of those experiencing joyous seasons to encourage and lift up those who may be experiencing a time of "winter" in thier lives.

As I've been writing today's entry, Third Day's "Your Love Oh Lord" has been playing in my head on repeat. Not quite sure why, but nonetheless, I felt compelled to share the lyrics with you.

"Your love, oh Lord
Reaches to the heavens
Your faithfulness stretches to the sky
Your righteousness is like the mighty mountains
Your justice flows like the ocean's tide
I will lift my voice
To worship You, my King
I will find my strength
In the shadow of your wings"

I think that says it all, don't you?


If you would, friends, please just pray for me that God would continue to enlighten me: that He will continue to plant within me the strong desires of His heart for my life, open the doors of opportunity in my life, and lead me in the direction He wants me to go. Your prayers, as well as your friendship are greatly appreciated.

Have a blessed day everyone!


8 Comments:

Blogger Katie said...

prayers ALWAYS lifted up for you and now specifically for this. How exciting and what an amazing picture of faith you paint here. You've challenged me my friend (which is nothing new).

2:26 PM  
Blogger Katie said...

Stephanie I feel like you need another comment so;

This really is a great post, I love how you're expressing your heart here.

4:18 PM  
Blogger Stephanie said...

Katie: Just love you bunches! (didn't realize that you actually came back a second time to comment! lol Just thought you were expressing your deep sympathy for my lone two comments on this post. You're too sweet. lol

Krist: Thank you, thanks, and thank you. You are a punkin, and I appreciate all of your kind words. Definitely a God thing though, that's for sure!

12:54 AM  
Blogger Greg said...

Hey! I just said the same thing on Katie's blog...

Great minds... ;)

Super Duper post Stephanie!

8:48 AM  
Blogger Mark D said...

AWESOME post!! Here's another verse along the same lines (Phillipians 1:6 in the amplified version) "And I am convinced and sure of this very thing, that He Who began a good work in you will continue until the day of Jesus Christ [right up to the time of His return], developing [that good work] and perfecting and bringing it to full completion in you."

Third Day's "Offerings" is one of my favorites of all time. I like "The Love Song"...especially the part that says "I'd do it all again."

You're a blessing!

5:56 PM  
Blogger Jenny said...

Praying for you.

Sorry I have been so unavailable lately. Thank you for your comments and emails and the like. You're a sweetie and I want you to know that I am praying for you constantly.

**hugs**

2:33 AM  
Blogger Stephanie said...

Ben: Yes, we both do have great minds- that just happen to think alike! ;)

Mark: Love that verse too. Such a great promise!

Dude: I know all about getting freaked out by that feeling. I've felt it all too often, but yet once in awhile: it's equally as exciting.

C: Blushing, thank you very much!

But seriously, C., and the rest of you, I appreciate all of your friendship, encouragement, and kind comments, but again, this isn't me. God teaches me things everyday and humbles me ALL THE TIME. I'm just glad that in my sharing with you what I'm learning, that you are being touched in some way by it too: because really, then I'm reassured I'm not alone in this! And how great is it that we can comfort each other in this way, and that God uses us to speak into each other's lives like this?! I love it!

Jay: You are so sweet! Prayers on thier way up for you too, my friend. God Bless you!

9:40 AM  
Blogger Amstaff Mom said...

I love that song!!! LOVE IT! Thank you for putting the lyrics in my head, because that is something that I do want to concentrate on today. Thanks Steph! Stay warm!

7:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home