Tuesday, August 16, 2005

Clarity? No Thanks, I Rather Like Being Confused

I was reading a favorite blog of mine and the topic of her post today incited within me a need to understand something that I think all women just don't get- and maybe never will. M E N!!!!! (Back to bitter and cynical you ask? Who me?) She presented a scenario in which a guy would call, they would spend time together, and then he'd vanish for days at a time without a trace. Or even worse- make plans and then cancel last minute. Slightly rude! There's one word for all that. Control. It's so a control issue. I made mention to the fact that men (as much as women would like to argue against this) are much more intelligent and calculating than we tend to give them credit for.

Think about it: How many times on the dating scene have you as a women (assuming that you are a woman who is reading this- sorry guys) experienced a situation with someone in which he holds you at arms length just to keep you at bay yet always coming back for more, and doesn't give enough to ever make a full-fledged relationship with you possible? That's right, I'm talking about THAT GUY. We all know him. We've all dated him. And we've all wanted to pull our hair out by the time it was all over. But seriously... two big questions I have regarding this whole thing:

A. What is it about him keeps us coming back for more?

B. Why does he feel the need to assert the control in the first place, thus holding the poor woman caught in his trap- at arms length? I don't understand!?!

One could surmise a few conclusions based on... well not a whole lot of anything, since that's what this particular type of man seems to give us. So! Let's surmise anyway, shall we?
I. He's afraid to settle down
II. He doesn't want to settle down.
III. He has major issues
IV. All of the above

But there HAS to be other reasons. If we're going to talk about secular guys, it can range anywhere from he's afraid to settle down, to something just so elementary and completely carnal as just wanting sex - a lot - and having a girlfriend would complicate and compromise his "game". The reality of it is though, that we have the ability to take back that control. But this brings me back to Question A. For some reason we seem to always come back for more. Ask us, and we'll tell you: "He just has that... je ne sais quois about him that I can't quite put my finger on. But whatever it is, it makes him irresistable! I must be a glutton for punishment..." Yes, ladies, yes we are. *sigh* Men are exhausting. Maybe I'll just convert and become a nun... SO much easier.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home