Wednesday, August 17, 2005

How Can You Possibly Be THAT Hot?!

Okay. I'm going to stray from my usual rants about depressing things and talk about the gorgeous man that I met last night. Now, my friend Terri will giggle herself into a fit if she ever reads this post only because she was the one that half-heartedly introduced us last night and then witnessed the madness unfold. And just shook her head in shame all night for all three of us: herself for having introduced us (because apparently he's a bit of a playboy), him for knowing that I'm born again but attempting a valiant effort anyway, and me for even appearing that I might compromise my morals for this perfect specimine of a man (I didn't- and wouldn't of course). So in other words, Terri would think it ridiculous that I'm about to launch into a forever long diatribe about this person who, in reality I could never seriously consider dating long-term, but found rather captivating nonetheless.

SO! Mr. Perfect was just... yummy. (Reverting back to my teenaged years for a moment.) But seriously. No... seriously, he was. Let me give you a brief description to get you in the right mindframe here: 6'6"-ish, broad shoulders, dark hair, PERFECT smile, nice dresser, and smelled really, REALLY good. If that weren't dangerous enough, he's funny (hilarious, actually), witty, sarcastic (which is fantastic), and oh! Did I happen to mention that Mr. Perfect is 28, has a master's degree, and has just recieved a promotion at his job? His only downfall (so far) as mentioned before is that he's a bit of a playboy. Boo.

Oh yeah- and he's moving to Florida in two weeks. Double boo. God sure does have a sense of humor, doesn't he? It seems lately that any quy I meet worth entertaining the possibility of even just a casual date with- has some sort of circumstance that squashes said possibility. Just like that. God just doesn't want me dating ANYONE! (Not true, I know. Purely for dramatic effect.) But seriously, I'd go out with the guy once or twice just to go be taken out, partake in some good, stimulating conversation, and enjoy the company of a beautiful man for a evening out. Come ON! Is that too much to ask? (Sorry- the drama queen is out in full effect this morning.)

Anyway, I'm honestly not used to extremely gorgeous men spending mass amounts of time and frankly, ditching thier friends to talk to me. It's really not a lack of self-esteem that I posses here, I'm simply stating fact. It just doesn't happen. Not to mention the fact that I would even go as far as to say that he might possibly have been out of my league. Which made it even more wierd yet strangely flattering.
***Which reminds me: I should probably tell you a rather pertinent detail about myself: I just recently lost a pretty significant amount of weight. Now "what," you ask, "does this have to do with Mr. Perfect?" Everything. It is my firm belief that a guy like him would have NEVER approached me six months ago. And trust me... guys like that just didn't- they didn't even take a second look, much less a long first look. So perhaps the reason (perhaps? It's totally the reason!) that I'm so shocked that Mr. Perfect would take time out of his busy schedule of pool playing to talk to me for longer than a nano-second, is directly correlated with the fact that I'm still transitioning out my old mind-frame of not being even remotely attractive to members of the opposite gender. Where some girls can just go on and on about the hot guys that they meet daily without batting an eyelash, I have a slightly different perspective.***

Anyway! So, Mr. Perfect and I sat around for what seemed like hours talking, bantering, telling each other elaborate tales of ourselves and our fake occupations, seeing who can disappoint the other more with thier sad, pathetic existance (think city bus, trailor home, and working the streets for starters)- seriously funny stuff.

But it was just way too much fun; and he was way too beautiful, and I'm way pathetic. I can't help it! Some men are just enough to make a girl drool! You know, the more I think about it, the more I'm beginning dread the chilly weather that's just around the corner. I'm thinking a move to Florida might be a good idea. I could use a change of scenery anyway...

4 Comments:

Blogger Amber said...

Go! Go to Florida! In the spirit of Big Blonde Boyfriend, I say DO IT!!

4:50 PM  
Blogger Stephanie said...

Well you see Mr. Eddie, I myself am a good 5'9" in bare feet. I like me a tall man. Makes me feel like a Petite woman and stuff. :o)

12:41 PM  
Blogger Stephanie said...

Aw! Visitors! You all just made my day :o) Thomas- Gosh darn it, people like me too! You know, Amber said it best at one point: "I must have SOME redeeming qualities about me.. because otherwise they wouldn't keep coming back for more!"
But you know Thomas, it's those extremely "Uber-Hot" people... you know, the untouchable ones- that we can't fathom having an interest in us. That's the kind of guy I'm talking about here. On any normal day though, do I still have a bit of a complex? Sure. Comes with the territory. Someday I'll have to put up a "Yay! Look what I did!" post with before and after shots so you see what I mean. But that will come once I learn how to use thier goofy picture posting system...

11:30 AM  
Blogger Stephanie said...

Cameron Diaz? HER out of all possible examples? Puh-leeze! (Listen to me getting all picky and judgemental!) I would have to say more along the lines of Catherine Zeta-Jones if we're going to start dropping names of beautiful people!

Now if I looked like HER I would have had no reason to write this post!

But you ARE right- we are INDEED the uber-hots! Look out Catherine-Zeta.. there's a new standard for perfection in town!

1:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home