Monday, October 24, 2005

Goooooooood Morning!

I have very little beyond that to say as of right now. Well, maybe not.

Actually, I would like to momentarily touch on how much I love weekends. For whatever reason, there was a good long time over the summer (and part of the beginning of fall) in which I wouldn't sleep. I wouldn't relax either. I was so "on the go" with friends, ministry, and basically any other earthly thing that I could find to occupy my time, that I didn't make any time for myself. Which, let me tell you is NOT good on the psyche OR the body. If you reference back to earlier posts, say, late August, early September, you'll notice that I was... well... out of my mind. I was actually asking people for tips on how to relax because I literally forgot how.

So lately, I've been getting back into a groove relaxation by studying by the fireplace at Starbucks over a venti pumpkin spice latte (skim, please!) - which, by the way, is truly one of my favorite things to do these days; I think that it kind feeds my obsession with fall: crispy weather, fireplaces, pumpkin flavored/smelling stuff.... you get the my drift. I've also been doing a lot of watching movies at home, curling up in my UBER comfy bed with my Bible, and just sitting around with my roommate talking about... everything. These are honestly things that I would not have dreamed of doing 3 months ago, because hanging out with friends until 3am and getting ZERO sleep, and then attempting to work and do ministry stuff the next day sounded so much more appealing. (My appologies, but I appear to be the run-on sentence queen today. It annoys me, so I'm sure it annoys you all too.)

Well anyway, so this weekend was a weekend of relaxation. Well, with the exception of the majority of my Sunday - but Sundays are usually busy for me no matter what. So anyway, I spent Friday evening at the parent's house, visiting, eating a home!cooked!meal! (thanks Amber :), and doing laundry. Pretty relaxing, I'd say. Saturday morning I woke up after nine hours of sleep, and decided that staying in my bed sounded way more fun than anything else that I could have conjured up... so I did! And I watched "My Best Friend's Wedding" - from my UBER comfy bed. Then, I just bummed around, cleaned for awhile, went to Starbucks and studied for a bit, and then rented a movie with my roomie later that night. Ever see "Surving Christmas"? Pretty funny. One and a half thumbs up. Good stuff. And even though I had a busy day yesterday (worship team, bible study, Packer Party... DO NOT LAUGH THEY MADE A VALIANT EFFORT AND THE VIKINGS ARE JUST A SNEAKY BUNCH OF DUDES AND I DON'T WANT TO TALK ABOUT IT ;)...) I was still able to get to Starbucks last night and study for awhile. Love that Starbucks. I should see if they want to advertise on my site. Think I'd get a lifetime of free pumpkin spice lattes? I should think so.

So while I did learn a lot of new fun theological stuff that I'm sure I'll share over the course of the next few days, nothing overly exciting or earth-shattering happened to me this weekend... and I'm kind of diggin' that.

Like how I start off by saying that I have nothing to say, and then wind up with a novel in the end? It's part of my charm... really, it is! Just ask me! So! How was everyone else's weekend? What did you all do?

12 Comments:

Blogger Katie said...

Good morning, glad you had a relaxing weekend, you deserve it.

Oh and today after awaking to mid 30's in October in TEXAS i want a starbucks with a fireplace RIGHT NOW.

9:46 AM  
Blogger Stephanie said...

Holy mother of all that is good and pure HOW is that possible? That is colder than our LOWS here last night! (I think). Wow. Well, you come up here, and I'll share my table at Starbucks with you. :)

9:52 AM  
Blogger Luke said...

Friday night: YG Bible Study on "Waiting on God"
Sat morning: Helped my sister move
Sat afternoon: Y.G. work project(packed food for Katrina victims
Sat evening: Bible Study on fortresses and how to prepare for tough times
Sat night: bonfire/singing
Sunday morning: Church
Sunday afternoon: Church
Sunday late afternoon/evening: football/hanging out/chinese food
Sunday night: Trivial Pursuit till midnight then talking till 1:30 in the morning
Monday morning: Glad I'm alive...killer headache from lack of sleep. :)

12:00 PM  
Blogger taryn said...

Steph- sounds like a GREAT weekend! I LOVE Starbucks! Never tried to pumpkin spice. I'm too wrapped up in my mocha frappucino to ever stray from that order.

My weekend looks a lot like Luke's description, so I'm going to refrain from making a weekend list, although mine was pretty opposite of yours. When you said you just felt like staying in bed and watching that movie, it made me jealous... I love those days when I'm like, "I DESERVE to veg out... even though I JUST woke up!"

T

p.s. I'm with you on the "I have nothing to say," but ending up with a novel of words. It must be a charm that only few of us have...;-)

1:05 PM  
Blogger Amstaff Mom said...

That sounds like a GREAT weekend. And just a minute here. You were at your parents' house, but no pictures of the cabin/hiking trip you took a little while back. Let there not be any further delay on the posting of the pictures. NONE!

>:)

3:20 PM  
Blogger Stephanie said...

Boo! Amstaff! I completely forgot about those! I'll get on that ASAP.

Taryn - Yes, the choice to stay in bed was a great one! No regrets there!

Luke - Um.. how are you not dead today?

3:28 PM  
Blogger Amber said...

My weekend was a lot like Luke's -- not relaxing in the least. Fun, yes, relaxing, no. That's why I'm taking the day off tomorrow so that I can do the stuff I didn't get done. Hooray!

5:21 PM  
Blogger Charlyn said...

You are too funny Steph. Did you ever think maybe the Lattes wind you up rather then down??!

And I must admit when I first visited your site, I was a little intimidated by the books you write! How do you ever come up with all of this stuff??

I feel your pain, Sunday's game was not good. Started out great, but ow, did it end up very wrong. If only Reggie were still on the team!

A blanket and bible sounds great! I think I'll go do that right now!

God Bless!

8:29 PM  
Blogger Chad said...

I had a brush with greatness: I had my picture taken with the Stanley Cup at the Stars game. I even got to touch it!! It was very cool to see names from the early 1900's engraved on the bowl. Good times.

12:34 AM  
Blogger Stephanie said...

Amber: UBER jealous that you get the day off! Yea! for you! Boooo for me. I'm at my desk wishing I could be outside enjoying crispy weather.

Shenna: I. Do. Not. Know. It's a sickness, actually. I talk just like I write, so essentially, I'm a great converstaionalist: I can talk all day! ;) Hope you enjoyed blankie/Bible time last night!

Chad: That happened this weekend? How cool! You just blew my weekend right out of the water! ;)

8:57 AM  
Blogger chirky said...

dude. a pumpkin latte. by the fireplace. how serene. does anyone know of a starbucks with a fireplace in dallas?

and kt, i didn't realize the lows were in the 30s in denton. i mean, it's further north than dallas, so it may be a tiny bit colder, but i wouldn't have expected it to be an entire 10 degrees colder!

the past couple of mornings it has been 42 in dallas. i'm looking forward to winter. (texas doesn't have spring or fall. we jump directly from summer to winter. thus, the leaves turning directly from green to brown. no middle-ground yellows, reds or oranges.)

9:02 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Tải nhạc chuông hay miễn phí cho điện thoại, tuyển chọn nhac chuong hay nhất, ĐỘC NHẤT, kho tai nhac chuong mien phi lớn nhất hiện nay

11:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home