Thursday, November 17, 2005

How To Woo Me If Your Name Is Jadon Lavik

In an attempt to make myself visible just in case he happens to Google himself (visit Katie to see the origination of this concept), I have decided to compile a list of things that, if he finds me, Mr. Lavik should know so that he can more effectively woo me. Bear in mind that these points are not in order of least to greatest or vice-versa. They are each as important as the next and the one before it. So Jadon, if you're reading this: please know that in order to really make me fall head over heels for you, you'll need to accomplish each and every one of these tasks:

A. Write me a song - then sing it to me. Oh yes, it's that important that you impart upon me your God-given talents as a singer-songwriter. I didn't initially become attracted to you for your good looks you know! (Although after I heard your song on the radio, called the radio station to get your name, and then finally Googled you to put a face to the heavenly voice: well let's just say I wasn't disappointed, okay?)

B. Refrain from calling me a stalker. Cause I'm not one. Really! I promise you I'm not! I just think you're really really dreamy, that's all!

C. Send me flowers. Do I really need to explain this one?

D. Oooh! OOOH! Write me poetry. Because if your poetry is anything like the lyrics you write... I'll be putty in your hands.

E. Have I mentioned yet that I like chocolate? No? Well, I do. Bear that in mind when you take me on our first date. I'm just saying...

***I would just like to say that the last three requirements are totally girly. I'm well aware of this. But guess what? I've NEVER had a guy send me flowers, write me poetry, or buy me chocolate. So I don't think it's all that unreasonable to ask it of the man who will eventually sweep me off my feet. Jadon Lavik. In case you didn't catch that earlier. Okay...anyway, back to our original programming already in progress...***

F. Don't be married. Well, just because that would kind of throw a major wrench in my plans. I mean... our plans. *wink wink!* *rolling eyes at myself*

G. On that first date that we go on where you bring me chocolates, pick me up. But you'll likely have to sit and wait for me for a bit. It's okay though, because it gives you time to make a really good impression on my roommate: every guy has to pass the "Leah Test". Yes, even you! Just because you're a famous Christian singer doesn't mean you're exempt! But here's a tip to undoubtedly get you in her good graces: ask to see pictures of her cats. You will instantly be her best friend.

H. Come to my church to hear me sing sometime. You will score MAJOR points if you do that. I'm serious.

I. Make me dinner. I'm a huge fan of lemon chicken piccatta. Think you can hack it? Well, if not, my mom can teach you. She's an outstanding cook. Which actually brings me to my next point...

J. Learn to love my mother. If you can't, this just won't work out. Besides, she's actually very easy to get along with: she's just like me! You shouldn't have any problems with this one.

K. Take me to the theatre. Broadway is preferable, but I'll take anything. I love going to the theatre.

Last but not least...

L. Invite me to one of your shows, and stick me in the front row so I get a rockstar view of you displaying all of that amazing talent. Just don't pull me on stage and sing to me. I don't like being put on the spot like that. Unless of course you want me to sing with you: that's a whole different story entirely. We can talk about that.


That's it! So Jadon, if you're out there, and you do happen to stumble across this, know two things: 1. I'm really not crazy: slightly unhinged at times maybe, but definitely not crazy. And 2. I promise you that if you pursue me and accomplish all of the above, your life will never be the same. In a good way of course: there will never again be a dull moment, that's for sure!

***Attention all bloggy-friends: In an effort to better my dating life and of course Jadon's experience, please let me know if I can in any way add or subract from this list. After all, I am a sane and stable woman: and this exhaustive, completely irrational list should reflect that as best as possible. Your imput would be greatly appreciated. Thank you :)***

20 Comments:

Blogger Katie said...

1st - new template, NIIIICE
2nd - the title made me lauhg
3rd - now I shall read the post

9:37 AM  
Blogger Katie said...

OH MY WORD, you totally topped my sad excuse for a plea to Mr. Barnard. I love this list. I want to steal this list and make it my own (for any guy because well you've called dibs on Jadon and I never try and move in on another girls dibs).

Hahahahaha, this just makes me smile.

Ok I just want to comment on your requireme . . uh suggestions:
A. Ohhh I want a song
B. Ahahahaha, this just made me laugh and laugh
C. Flowers? I want flowers too, never got flowers from a boy either, Stephanie we should totally send flowers to each other and sign the cards from Jadon and Shane and pretend that we don't know they are really from each other (don't worry people we won't do this because point B is correct)
D. Poetry good
E. Chocolate REALLY GOOD
F. Yes that is a good requirement
G. You will be worth the wait, you ARE worth the wait
H. Of course he would want to hear you sing, and he will praise your abilities on the way to lunch after church where he will have a box of chocolates waiting
I. Guys who cook score SUMO points
J. If your mom is like you, who couldn't love her
K. Love the theatre (love that you spell it theatre instead of theater, you're almost british)
L. Front Row, Middle, so he can look at you while he sings and of course he would pull you up on stage and have you sing with him (Shane would know that I would die if I had to sing in front of a concert full of people but I am fine with sitting on the stool next to him and watching him play)

Ok Stephanie, I have determined that you and Jadon are a PERFECT MATCH. He must know that you are the woman of his dreams. I will get to work on this right now. Be prepared for him to show up on your doorstep with flowers, chocolate, his guitar and poetry and all the fixins for lemon chicken picatta, as well as a letter from your mom that he has called her to get to know her and tell her how much he adores her daughter. And all this will happen because I said so.

Ok, really how girly are we?

9:48 AM  
Blogger Katie said...

p.s. he is a cutie

9:49 AM  
Blogger Amber said...

Yes, sane and stable ar the FIRST things that come to mind when I think of you, Steph! (I kid 'cause I love)

Sounds like a pretty comprehensive list. Hopefully he googles himself soon so that he can get going on the wooing and whatnot.

10:33 AM  
Blogger Stephanie said...

Katie: LOVE your comments about my deman- err... "suggestions". lol

A. I'm TOTALLY sending you flowers. And just so we can maintain letter b. with some sort of dignity, I'll sign it the card, "Love Shane (and Stephanie!)" That will lessen the crazy factor, don't you think?

B. Don't tease me. Cause now I'm EXPECTING Jadon to show up at my doorsteps with all the aforementioned items in his hand ready to play me the guitar for the rest of his life. :)

C. We really should get working on these guys Katie. Times-a-wastin'. Let's roll.

Amber: Dude... are you trying to say something? Do we NEED to throw down? lol

P.S. I look forward to the "wooing and whatnot". Nice. lol

Oh and Katie: HE IS SO CUTE, ISN'T HE? We're going to have such adoreable chil- such a nice and normal first date. :)

10:48 AM  
Blogger Katie said...

Stephanie you make me LAUGH.

11:15 AM  
Blogger Stephanie said...

I try. ;)

11:50 AM  
Blogger Katie said...

no what happened, the template reverted back to it's old self? Are you some super hero that has multiple identities, do you have to go into a phone booth to switch these identities. Which begs the question, phone boots are very viewer friendly so it never made sense to me that super man would go into one to change his outfit, and spandex is hard to get on so don't you think he would take more time to change, and hello spandex, so it's not like he could wear it over his clothes, so he had to completely undress and then put on teh spandex and all in the view of other people because a phone booth is really just a glass coffin with a phone. Ok so that wasn't a question, sorry.

11:58 AM  
Blogger Stephanie said...

GOOD POINT/QUESTION!!! I have never thought of that before! Completely irrelevant, but totally hilarious no less! lol ;)

By the way.. just looking on Shane & Shane's website. Shane B. SO has a personal email address posted: I'm SO emailing him the link to your site!

*evil laughter commences*

12:04 PM  
Blogger Katie said...

oh stephanie but then I would have to email jadon your link . . . . . . . . . .

12:23 PM  
Blogger Katie said...

ok just realized I said phone boots (ahahahaha) I must need even more coffee

12:24 PM  
Blogger Stephanie said...

Go ahead! Do it! This could be an all-out war sister! But I think the difference here is that I don't think Jadon aka "the future mr. stephanie-man" has a personal email on his site. *raising an eyebrow* What'cha gonna do now? Hmm?

lol phone boots...

12:28 PM  
Blogger Katie said...

oh but he has a my space site, I am so on it . . . . . .

12:46 PM  
Blogger Stephanie said...

He DOES??? Where? What?!

12:46 PM  
Blogger Stephanie said...

Ohhhhhhhhh this could get sooooooooo messy! hahahaha!!!

12:57 PM  
Blogger Greg said...

Girls are crazy.

2:24 PM  
Blogger steve said...

freaks.

girls.

3:18 PM  
Blogger Katie said...

WHATEVER

FIGHTING

3:35 PM  
Blogger Stephanie said...

Sweet! Can I fight with Steve too! Hey! It's my site... I don't want to be left out!!

Fighting too also.

Weee! That felt great! lol

I'm so sad. heh.

Hey Krist- girl, thanks for the compliment. I love the lurkers just as much as the ones who leave MEAN comments about girls being freaks.

Freak.

4:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jadon's engaged. So I think your outta luck!

12:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home