Friday, November 18, 2005

A Whole Mess Of Texans... And an Oregonian in a Pear Treeeeeeeeeeee!

I don't quite know why, but that was just floating around in my head, and I felt that I just must share it with you all. This little ditty has inspired a "two post Friday" in which I'm going to sing praises to God for the amazing and wondrous people he has guided me to within the vast chasm of the blog-o-verse. When I first started blogging, I randomly stumbled across Steve, who I'll talk about a little later in this post. But it was through him that I met every single other amazing person that I now blog with, who have all, in thier own right, blessed me beyond measure for the past several months.


Katie, the wonderful, inspirational ball of Texas sweetness that she is, blesses me everyday with her amazing, thought-provoking musings. Even when she's just being silly for the sake of comic relief, she's a blessing. say hello. You'll be happy you did.

Then there's sweet, innocent
JCol, also from Texas, who, after you get to know her a bit, isn't so innocent all the time. lol But she's forever sweet, and has a heart the size of... well... Texas!

Jess, (yet again, another Texan: are you sensing a trend here?) is a constant source of amusement for me. I swear, when I go down there to visit all of them, I will demand a stand-up monologue from this woman. She's hilarious. Stop by, say, "what up!", and prepare to be thoroughly amused.

Oh,
Eddo. What can I say about Eddo? Gentle giant Texan with a heart of gold, and a sense of humor like no other. Stop in, say hello, and love all over Eddo. He deserves it!

I could go on for quite a bit more in terms of my Texas friends, but these were the original four that I met shortly after I started this blog.

The reason I met them was all because of a guy named Steve. Good old Steve from Oregon. I literally was pressing the "next" button on blogger one day, parousing random blogs, and there he was, in all of his goofy mudding-in-his-jeep glory: and I became hooked. Steve, even over the short time that I've known him, has developed and begun a new journey in which he has chosen to bare his soul to all the world and share with all of us his story. Many of us have become truly captivated by his detailed account of his own personal struggles with drug addiction, personal pain, suffering, and yet a his beautiful story of redemption: and we have found ourselves going back daily to read his newest additions. Please go visit Steve: read his story, say hello, and lift this brother of ours up in prayer. Let's thank God for his miracle working power in all of us: incredibly displayed in people like Steve.

Thanks Steve, for being an amazing witness to all of us: and to those unsaved people out there who desperately need to hear of God's mercy and grace.

6 Comments:

Blogger Katie said...

thank you sweet girl, I have to say thank you to steve also because it was through your comment on his blog that I found you my precious, wise, laughter inducing friend

1:41 PM  
Blogger steve said...

Thanks for the Holla Steph

;-)

God is good! What more can I say!

3:44 PM  
Blogger chirky said...

whoa, dude. that's VERY complimentary. thank you!

and when you do come down, i will TOTALLY have a monologue rehearsed. ;)

2:04 PM  
Blogger Charlyn said...

What?! No mention of the cold blooded (or green and gold blooded) Wisconsinite?

I'm horrified! ;)

I can't remember how I came across this crew. I think through Dana perhaps, and I don't know how I found her either, through Cav? But how did I find her...it's all a blur!

Love the Texas crew and the couple from Minnesota (gotta love em, they're Packer fans!), Oregon's pretty cool too!

7:35 PM  
Blogger Amstaff Mom said...

Thanks for the shout-out Steph! That was so sweet of you! I had no idea that you found "us" by clicking on the next blog to find Jubal's. wow. That is just too cool.

11:31 AM  
Blogger Amber said...

And alas, no mention of CO. *Snif* that's ok *snif*

12:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home