Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Hello From The Caribbean!!!

Hey everyone!

Thank you, first and foremost to all of you for your prayers and support!
It's wonderful knowing that all the hard work, prayers, encouragement, and
support (on everyone's behalf) finally paid off!

Things here are wonderful - it's almost surreal, in a way... I just can't believe I'm finally here!! It's been a fairly easy transition thus far,although our first workday (yesterday) with the kids in school was simply
EXHAUSTING!! I was actually in bed - IN BED - by 8:45pm! The kids are
wonderful though, full of joy, excitement for a new school year (and new
teachers :), and are a joy to be around and work with! What I've really
enjoyed is seeing how God is infused in EVERYTHING they do here: from
prayers before every meal, to prayers and devotions before class, and before
bed - God is everywhere here, and it's SO amazing!

The weather has been quite soggy - it's still beautiful and sunny part of
the day, but we've had storms roll through both days now (pretty typical of
the Caribbean this time of year from what I hear). The creeping critters
has been my biggest adjustment: we've already had a couple of visitors in
our little apartment - a three in long grasshopper, and a lizard which found
his way into my bedroom. (Eeek!)

But overall, I'm loving getting to know the people and the kids, and the
missionaries as well (who are both just wonderful!). Once I'm a bit more
settled in, I'll write more. But for now, I have to head down to help the
kids with homework.

I hope all is well!!

in Him,

~Stephanie

4 Comments:

Blogger Greg said...

Scaredy cat! It's just a little lizard. ;) Glad to hear that the Lord protected you during your travels. Were the little kids excited to see you again??!!?? Details. :) Praying for you.

11:00 PM  
Blogger bigwhitehat said...

Ben brings up a solution to your problem. If you cant handle bugs and lizards, get a cat.

9:51 AM  
Blogger Stephanie said...

We have two: and they like to eat the lizards :)

4:24 PM  
Blogger Saur♥Kraut said...

I'm so sorry I haven't had time to keep up with you and your adventures. Please keep the blogging up and post pics. Let us know what's going on! Thanks for the updates!

8:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home