Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Only 13 More Days!!


Until I'm on a plane...


... heading to the next phase of my life. Gulp!

So many things have been happening lately, and it seems that this summer has just flown by. I have been ironing out my life in many different areas, taking a lot of time to reflect, reorganize, and in some cases, even toss out some unnecessary baggage that I've been carrying: besides, I only get to take two check-in suitcases, my guitar, and a backpack with me to Jamaica - I don't have any room for the rest! I've really done some growing this past five months, and I expect that God will still shuffle some things around, give me some new things to use (ie: wisdom, new knowledge, etc...), and I'm very excited to see what He's going do in me and how He will use me.

I also want to share with you all that the Lord has been very good to me in terms of my fundraising. I was able to get up and speak about my trip at church this last Sunday, and I shared about God's calling on my life in this area. We took a love offering in each service for my trip, and I found out yesterday in a meeting that my total came to almost double what is usually collected for a special offering like this. Many, MANY prayers were answered that morning, and because of that offering, I am SO close to my goal, and I still have 13 more days to fundraise!

You know, many people have asked me, "Well, what if you don't raise all of your funds? Then what? My reply has remained the same: "Well, I guess I'll have to come home early then. But seeing that I KNOW without a shadow of a doubt that God has called me to this mission for a time, I just have to trust Him and BELIEVE that He will provide for me. The funds will come in." Praise God that He's yet again proving Himself faithful and working through the hearts and lives of many to make this mission of mine happen. I'm not there quite yet, I do have a ways to go before my fundraising is completed, but I'm confident God that He will make a way.

A big thank you to those of you have already donated, as well as those of you who are still planning to. A HUGE-MONGOUS thank you to all who have prayed for me throughout this whole last year. A LOT has happened (and will likely continue to happen) as the year progresses and as I serve in Jamaica. I thank you all from the bottom of my heart for ALL of your support: prayers, donations, and words of encouragement. You all are in my prayers as well!

I'll be sure to post a couple of more times before I leave, and from that point on, please be sure to check in with me often, as I'll be planning (trying) to post updates weekly from the mission field.

13 days!! WOW!!

7 Comments:

Blogger steve said...

enjoy every minute of it!

2:49 PM  
Blogger bigwhitehat said...

Go gittim!

Hug some little people for me.

4:07 PM  
Blogger Shelley L. MacKenzie said...

Thirteen days! Wow, it is getting so close! I have a sneaking suspicion that things will go wonderful for you. However, I'm sure satan will be sticking his nose into things, so be prepared.

In your suitcase/carry on, don't forget to pack your armor of God - on second thought, don't pack it but wear it.

All the best Stephanie!

9:07 PM  
Blogger Charlyn said...

Wow! And Wow!

Your leaving that soon?!

What a Praise about Sunday, I've been dying to know. I knew God wouldn't let you down.

I'm so excited for you!

Still praying.

9:35 AM  
Blogger Saur♥Kraut said...

There are very few times in my life when I was dead-certain of what God wanted of me, but when you KNOW, you KNOW. So, you go girl. *hugs*

4:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

**hugs** and blessings on you...

fyi, Rob and I have a Thursday Morning Prayer Group that meets at our house. We have all been praying for you (heart palpitations and fundraising and direction) since June. We're keeping on, just thought you might like to know.

11:09 PM  
Blogger Amstaff Mom said...

I'm excited for you and what God is doing in your life. Enjoy the ride!! Keep us posted!

2:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home