Friday, October 13, 2006

More of Jamaica

The sky looked like it was on fire!


This is an actual water tank for a local community here in the mountains. We all just couldn't believe it. So we took pictures. Would YOU want your drinking water from that source? Eeew!


This one's permanantly attatched to my hip. Isn't she the sweetest thing?!

House mom for the older girls, and a couple of her "ladies", having fun, dancing to some Jamaican worship.


The Beach at St. Thomas.

The boys performing for National Heritage week: "Daaaa - O! Me seh Daaaaa-eee-O! Day da' light an' me' wan' go oooome!"

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Stephanie-Pants.

Our prayer group so loves these updates from you. God bless you and thanks for the pics too!!!

9:29 PM  
Blogger Saur♥Kraut said...

Watertank??? Looks like a cesspool. Bleah.

Those kids are precious. I can't believe they can't find homes for all of them (?) Is there something else going on, like their parents won't give up custody?

7:07 AM  
Blogger Charlyn said...

So cute! You must be falling in love over and over again with these kids. Maybe you could slip one in your suit case?

When do you come home again?

7:43 AM  
Blogger Stephanie said...

Jay: I SO appreciate the prayers, and PLEASE extend my deepest thanks to your group. It's hard to fathom that people who I've never even had contact with are so willing to pray for me! Thank you, thank you!!

Saur: Exactly.

Shenna: Yes, I'm falling in love over and over again. In fact, one of the older girls who is very attatched to me, asked if she could stow-away in my suitcase for my flight home. Then she asked if I can ask the director of the home if I could take her back with me. Oh, how I wish I could! I really do: but then I would have to take her four other brothers and sisters (who I'm also very attatched to), and I don't have enough bedrooms for them all! haha!

Truthfully, I never want to leave this place. I adore each and every one of these kids WAY too much!

Also, sorry I haven't written you back: as I'm sure you can imagine - it's SO busy here! ACK! But I will try very soon. Oh! And to answer your question, I come back December 1st.

Thank you for all your prayers everyone, and I'll post another update very soon!

~Stephanie

9:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home