Monday, November 14, 2005

I Truly Hate Mondays

Well, maybe not all Mondays, but certainly this one in particular. It was one of those weekends that just wouldn't slow down no matter what I did. Our band had a ministry gig for a women's retreat at our church Friday night and Saturday morning (which actually was a great time), and then all day Saturday I had a ministry-for-credit event for school again that I had to go to.

I tried. I tried to relax on Sunday night, to no avail. I even skipped evening service so I could perhaps kick back and enjoy the tail end of Sister Act (one of the greatest movies of all time. Don't pretend: you know you loved it too back in the day), or Home Alone (TBS had a great old-school line up last night. Fun.): didn't work. It was my friend Mel's birthday yesterday, and we threw a party for her at our house. So around 5:30 she came over and I tried to force upon her the greatness that is Home Alone... well, it wasn't as relaxing having someone there as it might have been if I could have been alone, so we got up, cleaned and went to the store. (I seriously almost spelled "store", "stoor". That's how tired I am.) Anyway, Mel is a youth leader at our church so she invited a bunch of kiddos to our house - which truly was fine because Leah and I are in choir with a few of them, and those guys are just a riot (kinda wierd that they are nine years younger than me: that just made me feel really old by the way). But seriously, 16 and 17 year old guys are a handful. They literally wanted to jump off of the loft onto the ground floor of the coolest!apartment!they've ever seen! lol... Love them with all of my heart, but I was reminded last night why I am not a youth sponsor as of right now. Maybe someday. Just not right now. lol

But there were a bunch of others there that were from our young adult group: truly the mix was great and we had a ball. The youth aside, no one left until 12:30 in the morning, which is why I'm hating this Monday. Anyway, I wish I had pics to share with you, but alas, I am still without a digital camera, so no pictures for you. (Hopefully Santa reads this blog and he'll have picked up on some major hints along the way by the time Christmas rolls around.)

Well, not nearly as random as Friday, but certainly not exciting by any means. Just felt like babbling today because the brain's not quite all there to be able to throw together anything remotely stimulating. So you get a weekend recap. How exciting for you. So... how was your weekend?

18 Comments:

Blogger Katie said...

I wanna hear "His eye is on the sparrow" - can you swing that oh stepahnie (mule hair something or other?????)

9:50 AM  
Blogger Stephanie said...

AAAAAAHahahahaha!!!! NO NO NO!!!! lol!

Well actually, I was going to post about this, but I didn't want to bare it all out there for the whole world to see because I'm not quite sure when it's going to be finished, but our band is getting our website up and running pretty soon: we'll each have a bio, and then you'll also be able to click on each individual person and hear a solo: we're supposed to get into the studio sometime very soon. (We just had photos done on Friday: my disclaimer: Leah and I didn't know about these photos, so we were rather unprepared.)

So, maybe not "His Eye Is On The Sparrow", but you'll hear something for sure. But that particular song went over very very well yesterday. It was a lot of fun.

And just to clarify, because I know if I don't, Leah will anyway: It's Step-on-me Mule-Hair (Some nasty little kid in 7th grade called me that, and I made the grave mistake of telling Leah. lol)

So what kind of sordid little nicknames of yours do we have to choose from Katie? Or do we have to enlist in Jess's help for that?!

9:59 AM  
Blogger Katie said...

Nicknames?

Well my family calls me Katie Radiator or way back in the ankle biters days I was Katie, Katie the cleaning lady (I have no idea how or why this got started).

I'm not a big nickname type of person I guess.

Oh and stephanie, my dear, you forgot to post the website address for your band. How could you forget a thing like that? You are trying to sidestep your new revelation are you?

10:13 AM  
Blogger Stephanie said...

Not quite, lol. Nice try. No, it's actually not up yet. The initial should be up sometime this week or next week: not sure when we're getting into the studio though.

10:16 AM  
Blogger taryn said...

I know exactly what you mean! My weekend was busy, too, and all I wanted to do last night was relax on my couch and watch "How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days" but I got interrupted about 10 minutes into my state of inaction because I had to go show my uncle a business project I'm working on for him. Some days, I just feel like the word "relaxing" is not in the cards for me. Oh, well....

I, too, tend to babble on groggy Mondays when I am tired. Like right now. So I'm going to close, but thanks for the all-too-familiar post! :-)

T

12:14 PM  
Blogger Amber said...

Sounds like you had fun -- and believe me when I tell you that I can completely relate to your feelings of overwhelmed-ness (yes, I make up words, so what?) when it comes to high school boys. But then again, that's the reason why I AM a youth sponsor right now.

I feel ya -- Sundays are supposed to be a day of REST, and now that I work for the church, they just never are.

Oh, and in answer to your question, I got this job as Education Director at my church in August -- in addition to the job I hate. Just to clarify!

12:26 PM  
Blogger steve said...

Katie likes the nickname "Kitty" quite a bit.. (i am fiesty today)

12:51 PM  
Blogger Stephanie said...

Steve: WOW! lol you're not kidding!

Amber: How fun that you get to work at your church! Dream of mine!

Taryn: Glad someone relates!

B: We writers like to babble - I've found that if I babble enough, something eventually comes out that could actually be worth expounding on. Only problem is, people are sujected to the all the babbly-goodness that spews forth before which sparks the finished product. Poor bloggy-friends! lol

12:54 PM  
Blogger Stephanie said...

Thanks Kristina! :)

12:54 PM  
Blogger Katie said...

NO WAY

Steve is on the "bad list" and I was gonna let him drive my hummer with flames and spinners and a thumpin sound system and hydraulics if he ever came back to texas but now TOUGH LUCK MISTER.

I'm gonna give you something to be fiesty about.


Sorry Stepahnie I had to use your comment section to call out Mr. Sporre.

Oh and love the phrase "babbly-goodness"

1:02 PM  
Blogger Stephanie said...

Ahahahahaha!!! Can I drive it? Can I drive it?

We'll "roll on our dubs" and "get jiggy with our bad selvezzz"

I must stop before someone hunts me down. That was just... wrong. On so many levels. lol

1:54 PM  
Blogger Katie said...

roll on our dubs?

2:11 PM  
Blogger Amber said...

I have the PERFECT OUTFIT if we're going to roll on dubs and whatnot...

2:18 PM  
Blogger Stephanie said...

Katie: Yes, it's from a song... "we be rollin' on dubs..." and that's all of the song I remember. I don't even know what song it was. All I know is that when I worked at the Olive Garden years back I asked my friend Dan ("Dan the white guy who loves all things ghetto- man") what that meant, and he said, "you know! Dubs! Rims! What keeps your tires from falling off!"

Oh.

Those.

And then he took me out for a drink after work and proceeded to school me "Ebonics 101". I learned a lot that day that I've carried forth with me for years to come. *rolling eyes* lol

Amber: you might have to take me shopping, because I fear that I lack in "dub rolling worthy" outfits.

Let's ride, girls.

2:43 PM  
Blogger Katie said...

Ok I tried to contol it but I can't. My fingers will not obey my mind saying DO NOT TYPE THAT. But I must, there is an urge within me that must come out:

Ok when I read your comment "let's ride girls" I immediatly thought "regulators, mount up". Yes I am sad, I know, but I'm funny sad at least.

3:40 PM  
Blogger Stephanie said...

:( I don't even know what that's from!

I want to laugh at your funny sadness!

Help!

3:44 PM  
Blogger Katie said...

Warren G - "Regulators"

It was a clear black night, a clear white moon . . . .





Ah the music of my youth.

3:53 PM  
Blogger Stephanie said...

Oh yes! There it is!

I indeed remember that song. Didn't Snoop play quite a big role in that song?

4:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home