Monday, March 06, 2006

I Was Absolutely Mesmerized...


I was incredibly blessed by some friends this weekend, who, knowing that I'm a gospel fanatic, took me to see Kirk Franklin - L.I.V.E. at the Milwaukee theatre this past Sunday night.

Two words.

INCREDIBLE!

BREATH-TAKING!!

Okay, so maybe that's three words. Whatever. Anyway, I have been a fan of his since I was in my teens when "Stomp" first came out on mainstream radio. Ever since then, I've wanted to sing with Kirk Franklin's group: even before I even knew Christ as my savior. At that point, it was just about the music (although I know that was God's way of tugging at my heart, but that's another subject entirely). Anyway, I was absolutely blown away by Kirk Franklin and his group's performance Sunday night, just as I thought I would be. I was in my own personal heaven, and I keep going back to it in my mind, reliving all the amazing musical and spiritual moments that I experienced that night.

This was also my first major Christian concert, so as I looked around me in that theatre of at least two thousand people, if not more, I realized that they were all there to celebrate GOD: and that blew me away even more than the music. And Kirk busted out with the salvation message right in the middle of his concert! I LOVED it!!


The whole night was incredibly priceless, and I think I'm going to have to become a groupie, because I absolutely HAVE to see them in concert again. Music does crazy things to me, (as you can see by my incessant rambling) especially gospel - and I don't even know how I fell into such a deep love for that style of music in the first place. But let me tell you: nothing, and I mean nothing compares to the blend of voices, the harmonies, and the musical flow that good gospel delivers. And to top it all off: the annointing that seems to rain down upon gospel music is just amazing. There's just nothing quite like it.


So anyway, I had an absolute blast Sunday night, and just wanted to share a little bit of a different side of myself with you all. Oh, and to hear what exactly it is that has me wound up like the energizer bunny, click here, and watch thier new video, "Looking For You". They closed the show with it last night, and it was just incredible! I promise you, you won't be disappointed!



**So Kirk, if you're out there, and you're reading this, pick me: let me sing with you. I promise you: I have rhythm, and I most definitely have soul. But more importantly, I have a love for my Savior, and I strongly believe in your ministry of sharing the gospel through song. I'll work hard and I'll sing until my vocals give out. I don't care. Just give me a shot. I would be forever grateful for the opportunity!**



Hey, a girl can dream, can't she?

15 Comments:

Blogger Out Of Jersey said...

Kirk Franklin is one of the few gospel acts I like, his music is so energetic, I'd love to see him in concert.

10:31 AM  
Blogger chirky said...

dude. one word.

JEALOUS.

i love kirk franklin. LOVE. K.F. (and after I write K.F., i always want to put the initial "C" to make it KFC, like the chicken. i love their original crispy skin.)

12:23 PM  
Blogger Larissa said...

That's awesome. I got to hear Kirk Franklin live for the first time a few months ago in Philadelphia and it was a totally amazing evening. The man is anointed.

3:28 PM  
Blogger Saur♥Kraut said...

How fun!!!

P.S. Guess I was busy with one of my family's near-death misses in the last week or so, and missed the new look till now. Eddo did another gorgeous job!!!

5:19 PM  
Blogger bigwhitehat said...

Have you asked him if you could do this via his management? This doesn't have to be just a dream. You have absolutely nothing to lose.

6:49 PM  
Blogger Aim Claim said...

Kirk Franklin lives in Arlington, TX, where I grew up. I had heard of him through various people for a long time, and it wasn't until just recently that I realized he was big everywhere? huh, go figure! Wonderful man, precious family, great ministry.

11:47 AM  
Blogger Kristi B. said...

Follow your dreams girl! I grew up on gospel music, and I know the feeling you are describing here. It's freakin awesome! I'm glad you could go and have such a great time!

12:11 PM  
Blogger steve said...

So jealous

3:09 PM  
Blogger Charlyn said...

Love being surrounded by believers praising God at a christian concert! Indescribable.

Can't wait for Lifest!!

9:37 PM  
Blogger Stephanie said...

Hey! Yeah! We're going together, aren't we?

9:42 PM  
Blogger bigwhitehat said...

Hey, I'm serious. What do you have to lose?

11:20 PM  
Blogger Stephanie said...

BWH: Yes, but do you realize how MANY people probably ask him the same thing? He's big: not just "Christian music big", but he's, "I've got Stevie Wonder on my latest album big".

I'm sure he gets stalked all the time by wannabe Christian (and non-Christian) artists. I would like to contact him to see if I can audition for his group, but I can only imagine how hard that would be!

8:03 AM  
Blogger Jenny said...

Awesome! Glad you had so much fun.

9:30 AM  
Blogger Charlyn said...

Yes Steph, we are so there. It's going to be a blast!

6:09 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'll have to look you up. Opportunity could knock when you least expect it.
K

5:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home