Sunday, February 12, 2006

I'm Going to Serve In Jamaica!

God did it again! Is there no limit to what He can do?!
(Okay, don't answer that! lol)

I've been praying for over a year now about missions. I've wanted to get moving on some short term trips to get my feet wet in the field: to see if it's really for me. So when missions month came around last year at our church, I became extremely inspired and decided that by that time this year, I'd be ready to go. I particularly wanted to go to Jamaica: I thought it would be an easier trip, therefore a great way to get started in the mission field.

Well here I am, one year later, and missions month is in full effect all around me. Up until today, I had been getting extremely discouraged because I was sure I'd have to wait until next year to be able to go: seeing that when I did have a job, I didn't have any vacation time coming up, and now, I just recently lost a job and didn't feel that it would work out.

So I got to talking to a couple of the pastors this morning in front of the missions booth that was set up in the foyer, telling them that I was interested in going on a trip at some point down the road. Well! Wouldn't you know it?! There's one spot left on the trip to Jamaica in... a few weeks-ish! Well, the rational, logical side of me wanted to kick in to high gear, and so of course the wheels started spinning right away: "You just lost your job! You don't have the money! You can't afford the time off! You don't have any time to raise money!"

But as all of these things were racing through my head, I started to get the Holy Ghost shivers, and I just knew right then and there that I HAD to go. However, just to be safe, I stated loud and clear that I would pray about it and get back to them in the morning: they told me that they're so glad that I'm on board and they'll email me the paperwork to get me started.

I only said I'd pray about it
!!

Apparently they didn't buy it.

So, by night service tonight, I made the commitment, and just finished printing out all my paperwork.

I even recieved my first love offering in the amount of 100 dollars already! There is another person from my church that has already pledged an offering as well: but I'm not sure how much at this point.

So, as it stands, I have 1,000 dollars to go yet.
Yeesh!

But I'm trusting that God will provide a way for me financially: because I know in my heart that this is where He wants me right now. So I'm just "going where He wants me to go, and doing what He wants me to do"! It's kind of scary, but surprisingly peaceful at the same time. But as my pastor who's also going said, "But it's a good scary! It keeps you on your toes and excited about what you're doing!" I love that God can do that!
So once again, God showed His face in a mighty way in my life: He's just so amazing, isn't He?

******************************

I have one request to you, my wonderful blogger friends: please keep me in your prayers about this. Please pray that He'll provide for me, calm any fears that I may have, and use me in mighty ways once I'm there. And while in prayer, if you feel that God is leading you to make a love offering yourself to help fund my trip, I would be incredibly blessed by it! And if you in fact, feel lead to make an offering, you can email me and I'll make sure to get you all the necessary information.

******************************

Have a blessed week everyone!

15 Comments:

Blogger Jenn said...

That is fabulous and SOO exciting!

PS. Do you have a paypal account?

11:54 PM  
Blogger bigwhitehat said...

If I could afford to send you I would. I'll bet things are going to work out for this though.

12:18 AM  
Blogger Saur♥Kraut said...

Best of luck, honey! I firmly believe that if the Lord wishes you to go, he will provide. I've seen it happen.

9:02 AM  
Blogger Katie said...

so exciting . . . . .

9:28 AM  
Blogger Amstaff Mom said...

Very excited for you!

10:56 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So...what if God moves someone to help you go? How do they go about that?

2:02 PM  
Blogger Kristi B. said...

Wow. Jamaica. That's great! I can't wait to see how the Lord is going to work through this!

2:05 PM  
Blogger Greg said...

Hey... I prayed for you ... and then I got distracted and I forgot to post a comment.

Which would you rather have... comments or prayers? lol

2:22 PM  
Blogger Aim Claim said...

prayers for stephanie!

4:39 PM  
Blogger Tim said...

That is great!!

Have yo ever been to Jamaica?

My grandparents were missionaries there for 8 years back in the 1970's.

I went there twice, once to visit them with my family and once upon a time when I was married....

5:19 PM  
Blogger Saur♥Kraut said...

Happy V and Lupercalia Day, Stephanie!

8:32 AM  
Blogger The mini ninja said...

Wow! I'm so happy for you!

ANd don't worry about the money. He can take care of it.

8:19 PM  
Blogger Luke said...

I had the opportunity to serve in Jamaica on a work team at a deaf school, and it was a wonderful blessing.

Hey, I'm getting some comments on a subject I think you have an opinion on. I'd love to hear your thoughts. Everyone else is welcome too :)

10:01 AM  
Blogger Jenn said...

steph,
Email me the addy for your church, or your PP addy.

1:54 PM  
Blogger Jenny said...

Steph... Amazing. God is simply amazing. **hugs**

Prayers going up for you!

;-)

9:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home