Thursday, March 09, 2006

It's Almost HERE!!!

My trip is right around the corner people!! I'm so excited!!!

I really just wanted to thank you all once again for your support and prayers as I prepare for this trip. Being that this is my first missions trip, it really is a huge deal to me: so if it seems that I've been making a mountain out of a molehill - well, I feel it's justified. Just this once anyway. ;) But truly, friends, I've felt your prayers from afar, and I just know that mighty things will happen in Jamaica on account of them!

Also, I was just recently asked to come up with a devotion and share it with the team one morning while we're there: and of COURSE it's going to be created and shared first here - in blogland! So keep checking back today: I'll definitely have something more for you.

4 Comments:

Blogger Saur♥Kraut said...

You will have fun and be a great asset to the trip. Ooh! I could write Chinese Fortune Cookie sayings!

8:38 AM  
Blogger Eddo said...

Suar is so funny...

Yes, that will be fun. Maybe you should sing the entire devotional? Think outside the box and get creative - maybe a craft devotional with popsicle sticks, or a felt board with little people? I used to LOVE LOVE LOVE the felt boards when I was little. Sunday School was the B-E-S-T!

9:42 AM  
Blogger Katie said...

have a blast sweet girl and enjoy every minute of it

12:45 PM  
Blogger Tim said...

so do you have any ideas for what you'll talk about?

Here's a suggestion:
When I went to Hungary on a missions trip I brought with me ballons and a hand air pump. I taught myself how to make balloon animals and used them as visual aids.

You can get supplies at a joke, novelty or magic shop. There are mail order sources too. Just google balloon animals & i'm sure you'll find some

7:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home