Sunday, June 11, 2006

God's Gifts


My friend "E" is a very talented photographer. I use the term "friend" kind of loosely, because up until she announced that she was leaving to go back to Germany for a time, she and I barely had a chance to get to know one another. Therefore, I didn't know about her talents until recently, when she invited me over to her house for a "goodbye lunch" and a chat, and asked if she could take some pictures of me while I was there. She said that if any of them turned out really well, that I should consider using them for my first CD cover. heh. Let me tell you how much THAT freaked me out.

Without getting into TOO much detail (hate to spread news when I'm not even sure I have all the facts straight yet), God has been dealing with me on some things in that general area (music/worship), so when "E" started boldly speaking into my life like that, well, let's just say I was a little floored. God is so faithful to us in ALL areas of our lives, we just need to develop a sensitivity to His Spirit to be able to "hear" Him when He speaks to our hearts. I've been really trying to follow His lead these days, and the results have been simply incredible.

Well, I could probably just dance all over this soap box of mine tonight, but I'll leave that for the next post (consider it a teaser). In the meantime, I wanted to share with you a couple of the results of our little "photo shoot" last week, and brag a little all over my very talented friend "E".



I really liked this one because of the lighting. And believe it or not, the backdrop for this picture is her kitchen wall next to the patio door. Perfect coloring, perfect lighting: but she captured it in a way that I don't think I ever could have.





This again was a lighting thing for me. The backdrop wasn't so great, but you deal with what you have to work with when you're amateurs.





Now I could really see using something like this for a cd cover. This is by far my favorite picture out of the bunch that she gave me.



This is "E". Isn't she gorgeous? AND talented?

I just love how God blesses us all with different and unique gifts and abilities: and I love watching them come together, taking shape and developing into something concrete and useful for the Kingdom.

So, thank you "E" for the blessing that you are to me and that I'm VERY sure you'll be to many MANY others as you go along in life.

I'll make sure to call you before that CD is released so you can put the "finishing touches" on it for me.

4 Comments:

Blogger Katie said...

beautiful girl

11:25 AM  
Blogger Stephanie said...

awww! Thanks friend :)

3:39 PM  
Blogger Charlyn said...

Wow, she IS talented! These are beautiful pics Steph. Any one could go on your cover.

I LOVE your hair curly. It's my favorite.

9:10 AM  
Blogger Greg said...

I like the one with the red back drop! Fun stuff!

3:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home