Tuesday, September 20, 2005

Loves and Hates

Fellow blogger Katie posed a question today on her site which I thought was rather fun, and consequently decided to "borrow":
"What are the things that you love and hate about this world?"
I decided to start with my "hates", because I don't want to end on a bad note. So here it all is: in no particular order.
Things I hate: The fact that people often won't "let you in" in rush hour traffic, broken hearts, tears of sorrow, lost family who won't help themselves and knowing I can't help them either, drugs, watching people walk away from God, people who lack respect for others, pride, ignorance, pain, people who abuse thier children, men who obviously don't have brains in thier heads and hit women, the feeling I get when I think someone is mad at me or "has a bone to pick with me" (I feel like I'm six again, and in trouble with my parents), relational conflict (I can't stand fighting with the people that I love), knowing that I may have hurt someone - especially someone I care about, the smell of Lake Michigan, sometimes feeling like I don't have time to nurture the important relationships in my life, my tendency toward worrying about and over-analyzing almost everything, self-righteousness, dark gloomy days, suffering, death, and disease.
**Additions*** Brussel sprouts (told you I'd add to this list!)
Okay. On to the more beautiful side of life...
Loves: God, ALL of God's creation (desert, mountains, forests), the ocean and all the fun little (and big) creatures within it, a good thunderstorm, the smell of rain, soaking up the sun, mother nature in even her most wicked moments (because even those are beautiful!), the smell of a dewey early morning, sunsets, fall and everything about it (crisp mornings, chilly days, jeans and long sleeves, the colors, homemade applesauce, pumpkin candles, big fluffy blankets, I could go on and on), music, singing, worshipping God, animals, children and kids of all ages (I'm a kid magnet- put me in a one mile radius of any child and they will somehow find thier way right into my lap), family, the comforting hug that only my mom can give, friends, my best friends who can make me laugh harder than anyone else and who will let me cry on thier shoulder when I "just can't anymore", being that friend to them, meeting and getting to know new people, gentlemen, new friendships, watching someone "discover God", leading people to the Lord and witnessing God's work, a new love interest, a lingering look shared with a stranger, falling in love, laughing until I cry (very often at myself), my creativity and the fact that it's actually a really ligitimate excuse for some of my biggest shortcomings, writing, lyrics and poetry, learning, Theology (it's a GREAT class!), coffee, coffee shops, a good guitar player (come on.. you know that coffee shops and guitar players sometimes go hand in hand!), a relaxing night at home (believe it or not, I'm doing that right now, and it's great!!) good jazz, warm summer nights, and a really good squishy hug.
***Additions*** A one-on-one conversation that lasts all night.(more additions to come, I'm sure!)
Yes, I'm really done! I realized that a few of the aforementioned loves and hates kind of strayed from the topic at hand, but... oh well! It's my site, I make the rules ;)
Also, Please note that my lists are subject to changes and additions at any given moment, and that very well may happen on account of one of my other hates that I forgot to mention: my forgetful nature. :)

32 Comments:

Blogger Katie said...

Fun, I got a shout out and I got to learn more about you. I concur with all of these. Great list.

Go STUDY. Ha ha, don't want you to get behind in classes that i am SUMO jealous of.

9:19 AM  
Blogger Stephanie said...

I KNOW! I'm already super behind. But that's because we got homework before the stinkin' class even started... and because there's about as much reading as I would find myself having if I were taking a master's class for crying out loud!

How's Katie's morning so far?

10:11 AM  
Blogger Katie said...

Good and you?

10:41 AM  
Blogger Stephanie said...

Good! Busy though. Can't wait till we get those NKOTB pics up. Fuuuny stuff!

11:29 AM  
Blogger Katie said...

Ha ha, and who were you spending all night on the phone with little miss? A future applicant?

11:58 AM  
Blogger Stephanie said...

lol no, I worded that wrong! No time for that kind of thing these days anyway!

12:25 PM  
Blogger steve said...

jessh now that i got you to connected i serve no purpose... sigh..

12:44 PM  
Blogger steve said...

you TWO connected... jessh

12:44 PM  
Blogger Katie said...

Oh Steve do you feel left out?

Gosh Stephanie are we just about the LUCKIEST gals on the earth to know the FAMOUS and STUDLY Steve Sporre? I mean never in my entire life did I think that I would be so lucky as to say that I KNOW him.

Forget Menudo, NKOTB, BSB, NSYNC or even New Edition (had to reach far back for that one), we can scream and cry and throw fits that we know THE STEVE SPORRE.

Besides, none of those guys ever rocked the leather pants and hot pink lounge singer jacket. AND STEVE DID.

Feel better now Steve?

:)

12:55 PM  
Blogger Katie said...

Stephanie - ok now that we've got steve calmed down (hee hee). All night phone calls ROCK. I hope you have time for some in the future and that applicants are lining up to talk to you all night long.

12:56 PM  
Blogger steve said...

yes i feel better...

1:22 PM  
Blogger Stephanie said...

Oh Stevie-Poo, I couldn't imagine life in blog-o-land without you! And I agree with Katie. NKOTB PALES in comparison to you! And I'm with her on the leather pants! ROWR!!!!

*aHEM!* Okay! Well I hope so too actually. But I like the face to face chats the best. Coffee and chattin' on the couch for hours. Good times... good times. And that's not necessarily reserved for just "applicants" (although it's awesome when that happens). What about you Miss Katie? I know very little about your love life, and expectations... All that jazz. Are you a "talker" too?

Steve, you doin' a little better today? I DIG the new song. It's gorgeous.j

1:22 PM  
Blogger Katie said...

To answer the easy question first - yes I am a talker. I love good conversations. Phone is good, in person is better.

As to the other stuff - hmmm, that is not a short answer. My love life is in the future tense (i.e. I'm single) and as to the expectations maybe I'll post about it soon.

I'll answer any specific questions you have though.

1:44 PM  
Blogger Stephanie said...

Yes, I think you should definitely post an application/set of requirements. A girl can never be too picky, you know, and it doesn't hurt to let the whole world know it: makes your job as the "interviewer" so much easier. ;)

As for specifics, I guess I'll have to think on that one for awhile.

3:02 PM  
Blogger Katie said...

the funny thing is that with what the whole world nows knows about me from my prior posts (and random videos) I'm not sure many applications will come my way.

I'll mull over the requirements (wants) and put it up soon.

3:40 PM  
Blogger Stephanie said...

Oh my goodness Katie, that just reminded me of your "champion gagger" post that you put up awhile back. I stumbled upon that and about fell out of my chair I was laughing so hard- at work! Too stinkin' funny, girl!

bzqtws- "Buzz cutie wus"?

3:44 PM  
Blogger Katie said...

Oh Stephanie if you go back through my archives you might not want to ever talk to me again. I do have some crazy tendencies.

Steve you still out there?

oatcgey - Oh aint's she gay?

What I did it wrong - DANG.

yddkyegq - whatever, not attempting.

4:11 PM  
Blogger Stephanie said...

Nah, Figgy, it's okay. This is pretty normal for us around here. Jump in whenever you'd like! Thanks for stopping in :)

10:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

HATE people who hurt children!

11:25 AM  
Blogger Amstaff Mom said...

Hi Stephanie! Finally coming around to say "hi"!

Caught up on the recent posts on your page. I LOVE the soundtrack to WHMS. It Had To Be You... and the piano on Winter Wonderland. So wish I could play like that. I actually had the soundtrack before I ever saw the movie.

Loved the post where you got to pray with that lady, loved getting to know more about you. Hope your reading is going well.

I could send you my CD's on Systematic Theology if you need them!

zwauwry (sorry).

12:42 PM  
Blogger Amstaff Mom said...

Steph, here's the link on the mp3's which is the cheapest way to listen to them.

I think I have the whole set, but I'll have to check. They encourage copying them, it's not illegal, so I'll see what I can do. I might need some blank CD's though. I'm finally running low.

ktbap (Katie burped?)

1:16 PM  
Blogger Katie said...

OH JCol no you din't. Girl we are gonna throw down this weekend.

1:24 PM  
Blogger Katie said...

Actually I don't burp, can't in fact. Random bit of knowledge about katie.

1:24 PM  
Blogger Stephanie said...

Oh Amstaff, you are so sweet, but please, you don't have to do that! lol I was (mostly ;) kidding! The first chapter was really a bear, but I'm breezing through the second. (Different authors, different writing styles.) The link you mentioned didn't show up on your comment though. I would be interested in checking that out!

Katie. HOW FUNNY. My roommate can't burp out loud either. So, in leiu of the burp, she (and she has done this her whole life apparently) will say burp when she has felt one come and go... in an effort to announce to the whole room her little bodily functions. She's a strange little girl! lol Oh and by the way, read the giant women's underpants post - TOO STINKIN' FUNNY! You are a riot!

1:32 PM  
Blogger Amstaff Mom said...

K-T, we're in a fight?

Pray tell, what else was I supposed to make of that one. I couldn't help it. It's the first thing I thought of.

Here's the link Steph. Don't know why it didn't work. The SECOND time. K-T and I go to the same church. It's our pastor on the tapes.

http://www.dbcmedia.org/1-866-DBC-TAPES/product_info.php?products_id=39504

hqnsiepe (the queen's sleepy)

1:41 PM  
Blogger Katie said...

Hmmm I don't usually announce it. I thought it was more of a blessing that I was spared that horror.

Thanks for the laughs on the Giant Women's Underpants. Yep I am a strange gal.

1:52 PM  
Blogger Stephanie said...

No, not strange at all! In fact, I think if we lived anywhere near each other, we'd make a very scary duo! lol I actually pulled an "underpants prank" myself back in high school on some boys who were in a musical with me! They had thier names on them too... oh goodness! Memories!

2:09 PM  
Blogger Katie said...

Oh Stephanie if we lived by each other it would be DANGEROUS. Fun but completely dangerous.

2:17 PM  
Blogger Stephanie said...

We would tear it UP down there in Texas! And I only say Texas, because I'm pretty sure that no one would voluntarily move here! Blech!

2:56 PM  
Blogger Katie said...

Ha Ha, come on down whenever you please.

2:59 PM  
Blogger Stephanie said...

Do not tempt me! I'm in need of a vacation badly!

3:17 PM  
Blogger Katie said...

Well with Rita roaring toward us give it a bit and then come on down.

3:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home