Wednesday, September 07, 2005

Which End Is Up Again?

Did you ever feel like your life was moving at such a rapid rate, that if you tried to put on the brakes even just a little bit you'd go flying face first into a nervous breakdown? No? It's just me? Okay, great! I compiled a list of all the things I do on a regular basis, and from the looks of it, I've almost managed to create a 30 hour day. Every day of the week. That's if I were to actually get some resting time in there, which, let's face it, doesn't really happen. Ever. Realistically, my obligations are work, school, and ministry. But that stuff to me (the work thing aside) is fun!

But what in the world do those people in Corporate America do with thier sanity when they work all hours of the day and night and rarely get to see thier families because thier too busy working on... work! and unnecessarily schmoozing tightly wound suits to get a sale!? or merging businesses!?!?... blech!!!! You know, I once thought that Corporate America was the place for me. Yessir! I wanted to be the biggest, hot-shottinest advertising exec. in the universe! I wanted to come up with the big ideas, sell the big ideas, and make the big bucks! I also wanted to become the next Jewel or Sarah McLachlan and write a novel too! High aspirations, or the fast track to an early grave? I think option #2 is most accurate. And you know, for the people who can swing it, congratulations! But not this girl! *Can you tell that I wound back up fairly quickly after the relaxing weekend away?*


Seriously though, I had this nice, relaxing, time away from the blur that is my life, and then diving back in almost seemed, well, a bit like diving- into a roaring, raging river of busy-ness. I'm curious: since I've forgotten what it's like to sit home and do nothing after work, I'm kind of interested in hearing how the rest of the world does it- I'd kind of like to try it sometime. Do you read? Watch t.v., sit on the phone? Big glass of wine and a "chick flick"? Blog? How do you relax?

6 Comments:

Blogger Stephanie said...

You know J., I feel like I have heard of it. What denomination is that?

I do the same thing: I love listening to my Christian C.D.'s and just chilling in my room and reading. I'm just always on the go with ministry related stuff after work, I forget what it's like to just "be" in my house and do whatever I'd like. Example: Tonight, I'm heading straight home and getting ready to go to church at 6 and sing for the women's ministries fall kick-off event.
I will definitely be enjoying a glass of wine myself when the night is done.

10:37 AM  
Blogger Stephanie said...

LEE STROBEL? Are you kidding me??? I LOVE him! That's it... I'm coming to church with you this weekend!

11:11 AM  
Blogger Stephanie said...

You know, I knew that already actually- that he is out at Saddleback now. We watched a simulcast where he based his sermon on "Case for a Creator", and they talked about his pastoring out there. What a blessed church that is! I can't even imagine.. but seriously, what a walking wealth of knowledge!

12:35 PM  
Blogger Unknown Soldier said...

Mmmmmh...I don't know none of the preachers or singers mentioned above, but I try to relax reading (I just finished Don Quijote de la Mancha) and listening music too.

Enjoy your weekend!

Ps.Sorry but....Where Mr. Cuchara is?

2:24 PM  
Blogger PackerPundit said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

8:20 PM  
Blogger Stephanie said...

My weekend has been in-freakin'credible! Like that? lol How was yours Thomas?

11:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home