Tuesday, March 21, 2006

One of My Favorite Pictures


This picture was taken from my favorite spot on the whole compound: here you're seeing a bird's eye view of the new coffee house where they'll be storing the world-famous Blue Mountain Coffee that they grow right on site in an extra effort to fund the orphanage. On this particular day, it had just rained, and the clouds were rolling out of the mountains. Breathtaking, isn't it?
I haven't quite put my thoughts together yet: I'm really having a hard time adjusting to being home. Post-missions-trip-blues, or something. I really miss it there. But I do plan on giving you a day-to-day account, including pictures, of all the amazing things that I experienced while I was there. Please keep checking back, as I will be getting it up very soon.

Hope you're all having a great week!

11 Comments:

Blogger Tim said...

Jamaica really is a beautiful country, isn't it...

Can't wait to see your pics & read of your adventures.

9:29 PM  
Blogger Saur♥Kraut said...

Blue Mountain Coffee? Do they sell it directly to the public or to a middleman/broker? Cuz if they sell it to the public, tell us how we can get it! It's a good cause, and good coffee, too!

I can't wait to hear about the trip.

7:24 AM  
Blogger Kristi B. said...

That's a beautiful pic!!

8:02 AM  
Blogger Luke said...

I'm looking forward to hearing your re-cap. :) Welcome home.

8:51 AM  
Blogger Stephanie said...

Saur - they're still in the process of trying to get a license from the government to market and sell thier product. They do currently grow and roast thier coffee, but for right now, it's for private sale only.

Please pray for divine favor with the government so that this can get rolling sooner than later. This would provide an AMAZING supply of financial support that this extremely expensive operation so desperately needs.

P.S.: The coffee is simply INCREDIBLE. I brought home four pounds, and have been drinking it every single day. MMMMMMM!

10:19 AM  
Blogger steve said...

yeah it is tough coming home from a mission trip. Everything just seems so fake... I remember them blues!

2:39 PM  
Blogger Mark D said...

Blue Mountain coffee is GOOOOOOD!! It's extremely expensive ($54 for one pound at Gloria Jeans), so I have only had it once in my life - I mean, bought a half pound bag, so I actually had a few cups. I will pray they get the government approval they need so that the orphanage can benefit directly rather than the coffee brokers.

I know what you mean about the blues. Everything falls into perspective when you take a trip like that. Just remember that God has your steps ordered and there is a mission field is all around you.

3:04 PM  
Blogger Katie said...

so excited to "hear" about the experience

5:21 PM  
Blogger Eddo said...

It reminds me of Hawaii! I love it. Now I am in need of some Starbucks. It is so cold here, I think I will get one on the way home.

5:02 PM  
Blogger Amstaff Mom said...

I know what you mean about "Post-mission-trip-blues". I've experienced it coming back from New York. Your pictures are wonderful and your stories amazing!

11:03 AM  
Blogger Jenny said...

Excellent pic!!!

2:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home