Tuesday, May 16, 2006

American Idol

Okay...

I'm officially having a freak-out over a television show.

A TELEVISION SHOW!!

But I can't help it! American Idol to me is what... The Partridge Family must have been to people back in the 70's! (Bad comparison, I know.)

But seriously: if they vote either of the boys off, what WILL we do? I already almost had a heart attack last week when I found out that Chris was voted off. I mean, it's CHRIS. Come ON!!

But then again, I have some seriously high hopes for Elliot. After all, the man has the best male voice in the competition: he has an incredible range, a smooth, colorful tonal quality, and the boy can move that voice unlike pretty much any other male vocalist that I've heard out there these days! However, Taylor Hicks has the whole package: beautiful smoky voice, stage-presence, and some KILLER dance moves!

I like Kathrine well enough, she can sing, blah blah blah. But I really want a guy to win this year! They're just incredible! If one more dude gets voted off so Kathrine can stay just one more week, I'll cry. I can't pick between those boys, and she's just getting in the way now. (I know, I'm SO mean!) But seriously! There are already COUNTLESS girls out there who are attractive and can sing "pretty". We need some dudes out there with vocal power: like the Micheal Buble's and... Josh Grobens of the world. Could we please get another Ray Charles or Stevie Wonder in the mix please? See what I'm saying? WE NEED MORE BOYS IN THE INDUSTRY.

...And that is why I think that it should be a three-way tie: Taylor Hicks, Elliot Yamin, and Chris Daughtry (after all, this is just a big mean joke - they're going to bring Chris back to add a surprise twist to thier ending next week- they HAVE TO!!! YOU HEAR ME SIMON PAULA AND RANDY?! YOU H-A-V-E TO!!)

*AHEM!*

Anyway, so that is what I think about American Idol. Please comment freely and tell me what YOU think is going to happen tomorrow night and next week. I promise I'll calm down enough to have a civilized conversation with you all. I promise. :)

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, I love Michael Buble and Josh Groban, I'm sorry to say these idols don't have a patch on those two. Except Chris, he might become an excellent rocker.

11:17 PM  
Blogger Kristi B. said...

I think Taylor's gonna win. Just because he has a huge fan base, and no one thought he could do it at the beginning.

10:45 AM  
Blogger bigwhitehat said...

All that has to happen to keep someone on the show is an insult from Simon.

I have a love hate relationship with the show. Like all of these talent contests, it is artificial. It hands out a contract to an artist that may not actually be ready for it. It also hoodwinks these folks into the show promotion schedule instead of letting them perform with a real band.

11:13 AM  
Blogger Greg said...

I like Kathryn... I'll admit it... it's because she is pretty and she can sing... She is Ditzy though. Drives me nuts. But her looks and voice outway the ditziness for me...

I know, I am shallow.

1:43 PM  
Blogger steve said...

i HATE Kathryn... I want to punch the TV every time I see her cheesy looks... she is worse than that Constantine dude...

Cant stand her. If she wins I will know it is fixed...

hate her

hate

but in a Godly kinda way

1:48 PM  
Blogger Stephanie said...

Anon: I think Elliot could weigh in pretty well with them if he refined his skills a bit better. But you're right: Michael and Josh are OFF THE CHARTS good. Chris WILL become an excellent rocker. No doubt about that.

Kristi: I'm beginning to think so too... wouldn't be a horrible thing if he did: he's SO much fun! (I kind of have a little bit of a geek-crush on him. He's such a super-huge dork, but in a very entertaining, cool sort of way! hahaha

BWH: I don't know... this show has been surprising me lately. I mean, in the first season, Elliot and Mandisa wouldn't have stood a chance in the final rounds of the competition: no matter HOW WELL they sing. Now, it's more about talent and less about "promot-ability". Although they're making me start to question that by keeping Kathrine as long as they have... grrr!

Ben: SO shallow! (But probably no more than every other guy in America at this point - well, except for Steve! hahaha)

Steve: HAHAHAHAHAHA "hate but in a Godly kinda way" I laughed right out loud. I'm right there with ya buddy. I give her props for singing "well", but the rest of her frustrates the crap out of me. Maybe it's cause I'm rooting for the underdog. I don't know. But I really really REALLY want one of the boys to win. I don't care who at this point. As long as it's NOT Kathrine!

2:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home