Sunday, June 04, 2006

Seeking His Face

"Look to the LORD and his strength; seek his face always" (1 Chronicles 16:11).

May I always seek your face, oh Lord, even more today than the day before. Even more tomorrow than I did today. May I seek your face not for selfish gain, rather for you to prepare me, shape me, and ready me for whatever lies ahead, as I know that you will be using me in mighty ways to further your Kingdom. Breath within me your wisdom as I begin a new quest in seeking abundantly more of You.

"Breath on me...
Breath on me.
Holy Ghost power...
Breath on me.
Yesterday's gone
Today I'm in need.
Holy Ghost power
Breath on me."

"You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart" (Jeremiah 29:13)

May my heart yearn for You Father, as I seek your face morning noon and night. Give me the passion that burns deep within to press forward even through the deserts and the valleys. Never let me become complacent, as I no longer want to want to be a fairweather Christian. Shower me with your spirit, Lord, so that I might dive into the vast waters of your love, knowledge, wisdom, comfort, guidance, and peace.

"Rain on me
Rain on me.
Holy Ghost shower
Rain on me.
Yesterday's gone
Today I'm in need.
Holy Ghost shower
Rain on me."

"But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you" (Matthew 6:33).

Lord, keep me Kingdom-minded as I move forward in this life. Give me the strength to endure, the hope that is present only in You, the joy that comes only from thy salvation, and the wisdom to be effective wherever you choose to use me. Keep my heart in the right place at all times, oh Lord. Keep me on fire for you, that I might burn with a passion for Your Word, for Your purpose, and always for souls to be saved until my day on this earth is done.

"Burn in me
Burn in me.
Holy Ghost fire
Burn in me.
Yesterday's gone
Today I'm in need.
Holy Ghost fire
Burn in me."

3 Comments:

Blogger Jenny said...

Steph- Thank you for sharing this. AWESOME.

7:25 AM  
Blogger Katie said...

wonderful prayer

11:08 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Inspirational!

6:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home