Wednesday, August 24, 2005

So I've Decided I'm a Pyro

So I took my weekly trip out to my parents' house on Monday night to visit, have dinner, and do some laundry. They live pretty much out in the middle of nowhere in a suburb of Milwaukee, which is about a 30 minute drive from where I live. I don't know if it's like this anywhere else, but all summer in Wisconsin, you can't drive anywhere outside of the grand metropolis that is Milwaukee without seeing a fireworks tent every ten feet of your drive. So suffice it to say, my parents' house is surrounded by explosives- and my father and I (and the little boys next door) have a field day every summer parousing all the fireworks tents stockpiling for random events throughout the summer.
Seriously. My parents got married on the fourth of July. So, every year since, fireworks. Memorial day? Fireworks. Labor day? FIREWORKS! (Okay, I may be eggagerating JUST a bit. But really- any reason to light off fireworks. We're on it.)
So, I get to my parents' on Monday night, and my dad calls me out into the garage. He needs me to help him in with some stuff he bought at the store. I open the door, and there it is. Beauty before my eyes. Big. Massive. Fireworks. That come up to my knees... all for my BIRTHDAY!!! A couple friends and I are heading out there on Saturday (because I turn the big 2 5 on Sunday) and we're going to party like it's 1999 with - you guessed it- a fireworks display! (Seriously, any excuse). I'm so excited I can't contain myself. Which is why I really think I'm a pyro. I'm the one that lights the sparklers for the 85 kids in the neighborhood and pray to God that none of them start thier hair on fire. I have problems.

***Update!*** So Mr. Perfect, aka Hottest Guy Ever! aka Matt Dillon (after careful analysis, it has been concluded that he closely resembles Matt. mmm!) didn't show last night. It was decided that we were going to meet back up at my friend's karaoke show this week and "kick it" one last time before he "moved to Florida" (thanks Thomas for instilling the suspicion in me!). I actually would have liked to have seen him before then, but he made it very clear to me that that would make no sense. Here's his rationale: "I'm leaving in two weeks. Now I know you know this, but I'm going to remind you so we're both on the same page. I have absolutely no chance in hell of getting in your pants between now and the time I leave. So really, Stephanie, what's the point of our spending time together outside of here. You'll just get attatched, I'll just get extremely frustrated, and we both lose. Bad deal. I'll just see you here next week." Well, next week came and went. No Mr. Perfect. Boo. Having morals really thins out the options. But I suppose that's kind of the point: weed out the creeps before they even get a chance to strike. Good for the moral standing, but it still leaves me... say it with me everyone... DATELESS. Grrr. Ben & Jerry's, here I come.

7 Comments:

Blogger Stephanie said...

lol I know. But he was way too funny. Not about that, but just in general. I'm definitely not saying that Mr. Romantic was ever an option: It just would have been nice to know that "Uber-hot" found me compelling enough to see one last time. Ah well. It's probably better that way.

9:57 AM  
Blogger Stephanie said...

Oh Thomas, you're such a sweet talker!

10:30 AM  
Blogger Amber said...

Point one: I ADORE fireworks. Not because I'm a pyro, just because I love huge displays of fireworks because they're so pretty. I always though that at my mythical wedding I would get married around the 4th of July and have fireworks. If I married History Boy, that wouldn't happen, because his anniversary with his ex is on the 3rd. Not that I need to worry that we'll get married, I'm just sayin'.

Point two: I feel the same way about Big Blonde Boyfriend that you do about Captain Uberhot. He's so hot, but yet so not the guy I'm going to date. SIGH. And sigh.

1:02 PM  
Blogger Stephanie said...

Yes, but you have yet to give a really good reason why big blonde boyfriend is out of the question. Example: Captain uber-hot only wants to get in my pants. So whats B squared's deal?

1:14 PM  
Blogger Stephanie said...

Thomas: Good Morning!

Amber: Good Morning!

Eddie: You are absolutely right. I couldn't agree more. Anyone who comes right out and tells me that he's just trying to get in my pants probably wouldn't be the best option when talking about trying to formulate a good, healthy Christian relationship.

8:59 AM  
Blogger Stephanie said...

Okay Thomas, share and share alike. You're still my number one man!

10:00 AM  
Blogger Stephanie said...

Hey Hey Thomas! How are things?

10:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home