Friday, September 30, 2005

Off I Go... Into The Wilderness-y Yonder

YA - Ministries' Young Adult Weekend 2005 is upon us folks! Well, that really doesn't mean much of anything to all of you: But it means a whole BUNCH to me!! I've been looking forward to this weekend all summer! (Well, due to circumstances of which I eluded to in earlier posts, I more recently became discouraged about my super great weekend - but my fears were aleviated, my excitement restored, and now I'm back to: I! can't! wait!) To give you a little idea of what in the world I'm so excited about:

Well, let me first start off by saying that since I had not been raised in the church, I really never had the priveledge of partaking in youth group, retreats, and all the other fun things that "lifer Christians" get to experience. However, I am blessed enough to be a part of a church which gets together with other AG churches in the area each fall, and hosts a young adult retreat at a Christian retreat center about two hours north of Milwaukee (in an eeeety beeety little town called Waupaca). Last year was the first "Y.A.M. Y.A.W." ever, and we had over 100 attendees. The weekend goes a little something like this:

Friday night:
Service
Pizza, Games, Fellowship

Saturday:
Breakfast
Service
Break-out sessions
Lunch
Flag football, volleyball, kickball (free time)
Dinner
Service
Bonfire, Hayrides, s'mores

Sunday:
Breakfast
Service
Head Home around noon

How fun is that? Last year was way too much fun, and I'm anticipating the same this year. I really actually wish that all of you could join me (because let's face it, how much fun would THAT be?!), but since that most likely won't happen, I'll have plenty of goofy stories and pictures to share with you all when I get back.

But that's a good idea, don't you think? Perhaps we should host a "Blogger Retreat 2006", and we can all meet somewhere like - Montana or something, and just hang out for a LONG weekend. Just a thought... :)

6 Comments:

Blogger Katie said...

Stephanie - Blogger weekend 2006, I'm there.

This weekend sounds like so much fun for you. After doing high school ministry for 6 years I know how amazing retreats like this can be.

We demand stories, pictures, and all the down low on the weekend.

Have SOOOOOO MUCH FUN.

10:13 AM  
Blogger Stephanie said...

Thanks, Katie. I'm on top of it.

By the way. Should we start recruiting for "Blogger Weekend 2006 Events Coordination Committee" NOW? I mean, we should really get the show on the road here ;)

11:17 AM  
Blogger Katie said...

Haha LOVE the enthusiasm. I'll join the committee.

11:33 AM  
Blogger Amstaff Mom said...

OH what fun!!! I'm one of those "lifers" that has memories of camp galore, and it's never too late to start making some memories of your own!

A blogger retreat! What fun! BTW - I just got "Won't you, Meeeeet Me Innn Mon-tanna" in my head now. Ugh.

I'll be on the committee! Except, give me a little bit, because I've got to confirm flights and accomodations for 30 people going NYC by next week, so I'm kinda pre-occupied right now. Sorry. :(

pqpywrss - papyrus?

12:23 PM  
Blogger Luke said...

I'd be in for sure. Never been to Montana, but I'd love to go.

Our church does stuff like that too! I just got back from a weekend in MO where we had 250 people. It's so refreshing to be surrounded by committed Christians for a whole weekend.

I hope you grow a lot from the experience.

God Bless

1:29 PM  
Blogger Stephanie said...

Oh Thomas, you can do better than that! You're not being very "stalker-esque" as you promised yesterday. I think I shall commence with the pouting!

Fig: Wasn't so much worried about them, I know plenty of guys who most likely have it all taken care of. Glad to know you're helping... I think.

Amstaff: Yeah, don't let our "Fake Blogger Retreat 2006" get in the way of real work and stuff now, got it? (Although I still maintain it would be insanely fun!)

Luke- those weekends definitely are greeeeat! Glad to hear there are other groups out there doing the same!

frkggp - "freak, go Gap"? That's.... not very nice.

1:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home