Tuesday, August 30, 2005

Birthday Wrap-Up

I wish I had some grand story to share with you all about my birthday. No funny stories (well, there was the gift that I got from my much older friend, "Barney", which was a baby bottle filled with candy and a sucker in the form of a nipple on top... just to remind me of just how much younger I am than him. Little does he know, for his birthday, he's getting a wooden cane or a walker from yours truly. There was also the Barbie candles that I recieved as a gift to go on top of my birthday cake. (*Sigh* I'm really not that much of a princess. Really. I'm not. :) AND the three boxes of altoids? Is someone trying to tell me something?)

No excitement to speak of (well, there was the fireworks the night of my "family" party that lit up the sky for a good hour. Then there was the super yummy snickers cheesecake that mom made... oh! And the mini-surprise party that a bunch of my friends threw me after church the day of my birthday).


No one made a big deal out of it, whatsoever, I didn't get any good gifts, I had no fun at all, and my dreams of having a great birthday were crushed. (Not really.)

But on a serious note, I don't have any good pictures. I have a few posed ones with friends, and a couple with family, but nothing that would really excite any of you. My plan is to invest in a digital camera one of these days in the near future, in which case, this blog will be loaded with pictures. But until then, you're just going to have to settle for the one "mushy blob face" picture of me that I managed to upload from Picasa. (Still trying to figure out that program.)

4 Comments:

Blogger Stephanie said...

That would be great. It would be nice to break up my visit with the family a bit. It looks like I'd be out possibly around Memorial Day weekend... so you'll have some time to get aquainted before I get there!

12:17 PM  
Blogger Stephanie said...

Thanks Darlin'!

2:30 PM  
Blogger Amber said...

Birthdays get progressively less cool as your 20s wane. My last awesome birthday present was for my 25th birthday. I got a diamond solitatire necklace from my parents and diamond solitaire earrings from the people I nannied for. I also graduated from college that year, so it was kind of a combo present I think.
Next year when I turn thrity, there better be frickin' presents and roses EVERYWHERE. April 15th people -- write it down! : )

10:11 AM  
Blogger Stephanie said...

lol! Amber, we'll all caravan out there for your 30th, and we'll bring a truckload of presents and roses... and champagne ;)

Thomas: Barney is too complicated to figure that out about him. So I don't try.

10:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home