Tuesday, January 31, 2006

I Have Absolutely Nothing Today...

Okay... maybe I do have something. hahaha I love when that happens: I'll sit and stare at a blank "blogger" page for ten minutes straight, and just when the words, "I have nothing" slip off of my fingertips is when I finally think of something to talk about.

******************************

You all miss "Theology Recap Tuesday", don't you? I mean, no one has necessarily been knocking down my door begging to hear about what I learned in school recently; but perhaps it's because you all know that I've been enjoying winter break. Or perhaps you're just too shy to ask. Either way: I know that deep down in your heart of hearts, you are all simply dying inside as I withold from you my boundless wisdom and knowledge that I gain each and every week in Theology class. It's okay, you don't have to tell me. I already know your pain, and trust me: I'm doing everything in my power to change that. SO! Starting next week Tuesday, you will be slowly reintroduced to the wonderful world of "Theology Recap Tuesday", but with a new spin: It will NOW be called, "Theology of Prayer Recap Tuesday". That's right! We will be discussing the theology of prayer this semester, including all the what, why's, when's and how's of prayer, as well as a Q& A opportunity in which you ask questions, I present them to my professor, and those questions will be answered the following week. Isn't that EXCITING? Okay, settle down... you have a week before this happens: I don't want you to burst or anything. You're going to just have to contain yourselves for seven more days. Think you can do that?

*****************************

Okay, moving on! So the Cubicle Reverend is a very talented writer. After a lot of beggin and pleading he shared with me some work that he has done, and I was just in awe by one of his pieces. Did you ever read something, and you could almost see the whole thing playing out in your mind? As if with every word, a picture is slowly being painted, which then takes shape and begins to dance: creating not just a picture, rather, a picture that is given life with words, pulling you in, tickling your senses, making you a part of that world. Good poetry just does that to me: I can easily get lost in words because I think in pictures, so I can easily get a visual of what I'm reading. I think that's why I love to write: because then I can actually articulate what I see in my mind. So anyway, kudos to the very gifted Cube Rev, and thanks for indulging me. ;)

******************************

Have you ever had a moment with God that you almost couldn't break yourself away from? It's almost surreeal: as if you'll lose something incredible if you move too fast. Those moments are rare for me, but when they happen, they're breathtaking. You know how we talked awhile back about how God speaks to us? Well, I'm practicing just listening; and while I was doing that last night, I didn't hear anything, but I just felt Him draw me near. It was SO cool. And if it weren't 12:30 in the morning and a work night, I probably would have stayed there for HOURS. (Oh, don't judge, you know you'd be tired too! lol)

But anyway, I'm interested: can you think of a time when you felt your spirit just "click" with God's? What did you feel? What happened as a result of that time with Him
?

6 Comments:

Blogger amelia said...

Thanks for stopping by today! I am looking forward to Theology of Prayer Tuesdays! That sounds really interesting. I will have to think about your question. Very good thoughts!

11:58 AM  
Blogger Deb said...

I believe listening to God means to meditate, and listen to that still voice in your mind. The one that is undeniable. He speaks to us in so many ways. He can talk to you through what someone else says, or what someone says over the TV or radio---he can even talk to you through what you read. It’s amazing the way He works. Talk to Him is great---but listening to Him is a gift. Glad you have that!

12:42 PM  
Blogger Out Of Jersey said...

aww shucks, you make me blush, thanks for the nod.

2:00 PM  
Blogger Katie said...

love you girly

4:18 PM  
Blogger Tim said...

I think God speaks to us all of the time. It's just that sometimes we don't listen 'cuz we may not like what He's telling us.

6:18 PM  
Blogger Live, Love, Laugh said...

Oh I have had many of those times, I also dream he is speaking to me and showing me things or telling me things in my dream. I usually wake up and try to go back to sleep and dream it some more!!

6:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home